By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No Charger Included!? Seriously!?

This topic name shows up every now ans then, since 2009... It's been like this since DSi XL

Yep.

Around the Network

I hear you can charge it with a WiiU-GameCube adapter.

Isn't it mini/micro USB? If so then leaving it out is the correct decision. For the environment.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I agree. It is pretty stupid.

vivster said:
Isn't it mini/micro USB? If so then leaving it out is the correct decision. For the environment.

Nope Ninty use there own charge ports. There reason is everyone owned a DS, so you should have a charger.

Around the Network

Will the Nintendo DS Lite charger work with it?

Nintendo is stingy. They're looking to make more money of people buying their official proprietary charger, which is like $10 I think. It's BS, really. I mean seriously, I can't think of a single electronic, with a battery, I've ever bought that didn't come with a charger.

ktay95 said:
RealGamingExpert said:
Mystro-Sama said:

I know. The damage control is real in this thread. lol

Or people just disagree with you. lol

Nah pretty sure I ktay95, known to dislike so much of what Nintendo do and openly criticize them on a daily basis am currently damage controlling.

LOL! I wasn't even talking about you. If you're not gulity then don't feel offended.

Xenostar said:
vivster said:

Nope Ninty use there own charge ports. There reason is everyone owned a DS, so you should have a charger.

If they use proprietary plugs, they're scumbags anyway.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Mystro-Sama said:
ktay95 said:
They are thinking $199 looks a lot better than $219 (or however much the charger costs their)
Plus they are saving money of current owners of one so really its best for the consumer.
Is it that hard to grab a charger too if you need it??

You're kidding me right? Both those excuses are weak. If you think a simple plastic charger is worth $20 then you're insane. And this isn't doing previous owners any favours. There are people out there who would like having more than one charger.

Then buy more than one.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]