By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No Charger Included!? Seriously!?

For anyone saying there is no need for a charger because there is one when buying the older model, there is also no need to sell newer 3ds since users have olders already.

There is no such thing as too much chargers, I'm Always complaining why I forgot the charger at home and don't have one at family building n or x.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Well, you know what I mean by "free." At the end of the day, I am losing a charger that should have came with the n3ds XL. Yes, I can easily buy one but thats not the point. I would much rather have them include it than not have them include it. Will it make a difference in my buying decision? Of course not but that doesn't mean I wouldn't rather have it than not have it

Would you prefer a smaller battery or a weaker CPU if the charger was included?

Well by that point, I wouldn't even buy the thing... Remember, its Nintendo's job to convinse me to buy it and not the other way around. The only real benefit to it is legit, the faster CPU so if they took that out, I wouldn't even care about it

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

kitler53 said:
i always get a good laugh at the threads that claim nintendo games to be the most polished games on earth immediately after starting to play other systems i realized how deficit and half-finished most nintendo games are compared to their competitors.

In which ways? I've always been a multi-platform owner, either on Playstation/Nintendo, Pc/Nintendo, or last generation with all consoles. My thought of polish, when I hear it, is that a game is bug-free and what is there is done very well. That describes Nintendo games much better than most games I play. Sony games have a similar amount of polish.  I never think of polish as "feature-packed" or having many different things in it. In fact, if we try to thinkg about the etymology of polish when referring to media content, we can look at the literal definition of polish, "make surface of something smooth and shiny." That usually means removing a lot of extra features rather than adding them. Many games have plenty of features that don't work on top of features that do work well. It can be a chore to play such games because you have motivation to see the good qualities but have to lug through a lot of crap. I consider those unpolished games. And Nintendo is really good about cutting out things that don't work, are boring, or are buggy.  

I personally think that this is a lame decision too. But only first-adopters will face the problem of buying a separate charger, which is very cheap

sc94597 said:

If I were a new Nintendo customer and didn't have a 3DS charger because I never had an original 3DS, and I bought a bland XL (my Pokemon Y edition came with a charger, and I assume that is the case for all special editions) or New 3DS thinking it would have a charger and find out it doesn't and I can't play my games, I would be pissed, take the console back, and never think of a Nintendo handheld again. Sorry, but this is not a good idea at all. If Nintendo wants to save the environment, why can't they just sell a model that is $5-10 cheaper (and advertised) without the charger. That would be for all of you guys who already have chargers or don't need another one. Be clear about it. 

So you would make such a big deal and waste the money on gas to go back to return it and not just pick up a charger for like $5?

They are clear about it. You wouldn't know that there was not charger if they were not clear about it. It's going to say it on the box. Every place that sells them will likely have the chargers available. 

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
this topic reminds me of why i fell out of love with nintendo. everything about them has moved to what is the least possible thing they can deliver and still be considered a product. i always get a good laugh at the threads that claim nintendo games to be the most polished games on earth immediately after starting to play other systems i realized how deficit and half-finished most nintendo games are compared to their competitors.

QUICK! Put up flame shield. lol

In my opinion it's the best move they can make! You can buy a charger if you want one, but if you have one or more at home you save money!

Mnementh said:

Cause getting it for free is always better than paying for one

You NEVER EVER get stuff for free from companies. In one way or another you pay for it. In the case of the new 3DS they probably would keep the pricepoint and get the package cheaper at other stuff, SD-card, CPU or battery probably.

Well, you know what I mean by "free." At the end of the day, I am losing a charger that should have came with the n3ds XL. Yes, I can easily buy one but thats not the point. I would much rather have them include it than not have them include it. Will it make a difference in my buying decision? Of course not but that doesn't mean I wouldn't rather have it than not have it

Considering the MSRP for a Nintendo 3DS AC adapter is $19.99, would you really prefer to pay an extra 20 bucks for the system? I would personally prefer to save the $20 and if it were necessary, get a $3-5 one off Amazon. I'll put the other $15 towards some game.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

You can get a charger for under $10 with free shipping online. Not really a big deal if you ask me.

$4.99 plus free ship @Amazon for my fellow Canadians!

http://www.amazon.ca/Fosmon%C2%AE-Premium-Folding-Charger-Nintendo/dp/B00JOLAK2O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1421259778&sr=8-2&keywords=3DS+charger

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

if i were in charge, i'd make a law that forbids to include chargers.

also, devices would need standartized chargers.

also, there would be a sticker on the product which tells you what type of charger you need.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse