By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will MS discontinue the X1 in Japan?

will MS withdraw the console before 2017?

yes 127 44.41%

no 117 40.91%

resultz 41 14.34%

Total:285
celador said:
They won't discontinue it, if for nothing more than avoiding the embarrassment.

I am surprised at just how badly it is doing. It's isn't even going to matchthe PS4 launch in lifetime sales by the looks of it

Good point.  They will likely reduce staff to the barebones and keep it dripfed just to save themselves the bad pr 

Around the Network
TiagoCosta said:
Kerotan said:
TiagoCosta said:
Kerotan said:

Can you translate it? My phone doesn't 

It says FF15 with letters, FF type 0 XBO comes with FF15 demo. 

So type 0 is coming to xbox.  Never knew that. Is type 0 releasing ww on ps4 x1 at the samte time as Japan? 

Yeah, same day.

Cool. So the game should do some decent ww numbers. Wonder if it will hit 1 million on ps4

Kerotan said:

Cool. So the game should do some decent ww numbers. Wonder if it will hit 1 million on ps4

I hope it does, square is waiting to see how it sells before doing more type games. Hopefully it sells good enough, I'm getting it day 1.

They way some people are reasoning here, I am glad those people aren't in charge of these decisions at console manufacturers. Then we in the smaller markets would never get any console :).

I have to wonder when MS will put X1 up for a steeply discounted price like they did in NA

A secret panda tells me that if X1 can get a price lower than WiiU or PS4 in Japan, it'll win at least one more week in Japan.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network

No but I would assume most retailers will stop carrying them eventually.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Hiku said:

No.

Doing that will only ensure that they'll get even less Japanese games ported to their system.

I don't think the average Xbox gamer in the US cares about FF or KH. They want Desinty, Titanfall, COD, Gears, Halo, Madden and NBA 2k. I think most people who love Japanese games own a PS4 or will in the future.

Augen said:
Has a precedent been set for this to ever happen? I mean a major console just pulling out of a major country like that?

No, but then again, XB1 is setting a new precedent for sales so why not this as well lol.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Kerotan said:
TiagoCosta said:

Yeah, same day.

I'm sure it will. It seems like everything can reach a million on PS4

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Puppyroach said:
They way some people are reasoning here, I am glad those people aren't in charge of these decisions at console manufacturers. Then we in the smaller markets would never get any console :).

Well MS already split the countries into Tier 1, Tier 2 and...tier none or something. The next step is to stop shipping consoles to tier 2 altogether and focus on where it matters (US and UK).

The One and Only

VizionEck.com