By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will MS discontinue the X1 in Japan?

will MS withdraw the console before 2017?

yes 127 44.41%

no 117 40.91%

resultz 41 14.34%

Total:285

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=196200 stores already discontinuing it. 

It only sold 45k in it's launch year and according to Famitsu it only sold 800 units for the last week of the year. PS4 is about to get a whole lot better but the X1 has very little down the road in terms of software. It is selling worse than the original xbox.  

Something has to give. Either mass lay offs or they pull the console and focus all their efforts on the US and UK. Thoughts?

Edit: ms may not choose to discontinue it from retail stores but could the retail stores make that decision for them by refusing to stock it?

Around the Network

Doubt it ...

They will nonchalantly support it regardless of the current performance ...

I doubt it. Microsoft knew what would happen, and if they didn't then they are extremely ignorant.

Why would they do that? They might reduce staff but I would prefer they started development of a number of Japan-centric games instead.

Could happen around 2017 it all depends on when their next console comes out. But MS having no presence at all in Japan for a couple of years before their next console comes out I can't see happening.

Around the Network

If they do I wonder what will happen to xbox Japan.
They could just focus on PC in japan.

Or become a publisher for japanese devs to other devices mmhmm......

if xbox is "discontinued" in japan prior to a normal console lifecycle it will be because retail refuses to sell it not because ms refuses to stock it.

Kerotan said:

It only sold 45k in it's launch year

I already knew that, but somehow it is still flabbergasting to read it.

Loll man, its amazing how low it really is! But they probably won't cause it is still selling even if its selling piss poor

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

If Sony still hasn't pulled the Vita everywhere, Microsoft definitely won't be pulling the XBO in Japan.