By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will MS discontinue the X1 in Japan?

will MS withdraw the console before 2017?

yes 127 44.41%

no 117 40.91%

resultz 41 14.34%

Total:285
TiagoCosta said:
Kerotan said:

Can you translate it? My phone doesn't 

It says FF15 with letters, FF type 0 XBO comes with FF15 demo. 

So type 0 is coming to xbox.  Never knew that. Is type 0 releasing ww on ps4 x1 at the samte time as Japan? 

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Ninsect said:
kowenicki said:
Ninsect said:

I suppose I was pushing it with such a tiny market as Iceland.

Indeed. XB1's holiday sales in Japan shouldn't be too far from PS4's in Iceland though lol despite the humongous population difference

lol.  feel better now?    

Yeah it puts XB1's terrible performance in Japan in perspective

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:
I'm sure MS will be happy with the eventual 200-300k lifetime sales in Japan.

They might pay for a few Japanese exclusives and go for the 500k mark. Doubt it though because Japan looks way down their list of priorities right now.  

The Xbox 360 sold more in its first week in Japan more than the Xbox One in its first year. We were expecting abysmal sales, but these sales are shocking.

Regardless, there are smaller markets than Japan and consoles are still sold there. Don't discontinue it but don't support it either.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Kerotan said:
Ninsect said:

They might pay for a few Japanese exclusives and go for the 500k mark. Doubt it though because Japan looks way down their list of priorities right now.  

Thinking about it, 200-300k might be out of reach, which is crazy to think about. Maybe 150k is a more probable goal.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Kerotan said:
Ninsect said:

hopefully thats how it remains.

Very negative!! But from a business point of you you are right.  All their investment services with the 360 in Japan last gen have been for nothing though.  

Ninsect said:
Kerotan said:
Ninsect said:

Thinking about it, 200-300k might be out of reach, which is crazy to think about. Maybe 150k is a more probable goal.

If they don't pay big bucks for some exclusives this year you could be right 

They will strip down whatever man power they have in Japan to the bare minimum. Virtually non existent, but I don't see a point in discontinuing it, especially since they've got plenty of exclusives down the road. Just cut spending to a bare minimum.

Kerotan said:
Ninsect said:
Kerotan said:
Ninsect said:

iirc they sold around 24k on launch so they have only managed to sell another ~20k since then, which is just an incredible thought. Are we looking at perhaps ~30-40k per year here?

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:
Kerotan said:
Ninsect said:
Kerotan said:
Ninsect said:

iirc they sold around 24k on launch so they have only managed to sell another ~20k since then, which is just an incredible thought. Are we looking at perhaps ~30-40k per year here?

I don't want to call it but unless they do something drastic you could be right. They need a price cut and Japan centric exclusives. Halo 3 was big on 360 in Japan but if the mcc sales are an indicator halo 5 won't have any impact