By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could Nintendo Buy the PlayStation Brand?

Nintendo buys PlayStation if Sony dies?

Yes, create a juggernaut! 208 69.33%

No, both are doomed 92 30.67%

Total:300

I hope not, don't like the way nintendo are handling things with the Wii U. I will just move to the xbox .

Around the Network

Nintendo COULD buy it out. They have more than enough money and are not losing money.

But I prefer they don't.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Paatar said:

Nintendo COULD buy it out. They have more than enough money and are not losing money.

But I prefer they don't.

They wouldn't be able to outbid larger companies. As many have stated, Nintendo wouldn't even be a contender.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Considering the popularity of the PlayStation brand worldwide, you might think the relationship between Sony's main leadership and its subsidiary, Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation)

http://www.engadget.com/2014/12/09/sony-leaning-on-playstation/

Sony Computer Entertainment inc. Only has one Stock Holder, That is Sony, SCE inc. Stock as is Such as SCEE,SCEA etc. are not a division of Sony, they are a Division of SCE inc!, while SCE inc. is a

"subsidiary"

of Sony, and with no public (IPO)
and with Restrictions on that Stock, Sony will continue to OWN that stock.
No public buy in, if anything SCE inc. will get more investment and what would be left of Sony would in most part be more Playstation as is Sony. If Sony was set to be broken UP, Playstation is not a public Traded part of Sony its being "Held" as Sony is just a Holding Company of SCE inc.

Again SCE inc. Is a "Subsidiary" of Sony its not a Division of Sony.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

I'm all for wishful thinking, I'd love to see Ninty buy Sony just to watch the waterfall happen along with the rgeat purge that will no doubt happen for those claiming they would "move" to some other platform, maybe then they will appreciate the other platform they neglected the whole time a lot better than they do currently.

Still I do like watching threads spin Sony's financial troubles the past few years into it somehow being the best profitable trouble they'd ever gotten into, maybe I should cut off my legs and somehow that will definitely balance out far better for the rest of my life than having them in the first place, /s.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

I'm sure someone else would bid a lot more than what Nintendo could afford.

Nintendo wouldn't be able to handle it

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Noctisluciscaelum said:
StarOcean said:
I honestly believe people hugely exaggerate just how rich/powerful Nintendo actually is as a company. Could they buy Sony? Hell no XD would they also want to inherit the problems involved with owning a financially unstable company just for a console name brand with a few IPs? I'd rather have MS buy Sony for PS than Nintendo. Even then, Samsung would be my highest bet for a buyer

I don't trust Ms. How many halo they milk so far after Bungi left them. They butcher rare ware after they left nintendo. Samsung idk about them will but I waited. I rather see Sony join vavle. >.> 

Microsoft is a safe bet, as they could do a great job with Sony IPs, as well as Nintendo. Valve? You'll never see more than 2 games in the franchises. Also, I'm sure the Japanese government might step in and stop any non-Japanese company from buying a huge part of Sony. So American and ~especially~ Korean comapnies are out (so no Samsung, Google, Apple, Microsoft).

Personally, I'd be okay with either Microsoft (maybe they could work something out) or Nintendo, should it have to come to that,

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, its the illusion of knowledge

Darwinianevolution said:
Wasn't there a japanese law that unables big companies to be sold to non-japanese entities? What other japanese company would be able to buy the PS brand?

Also, if Sony was trying to sell the PS brand, that would mean Sony has gone completely bankrupt. The fate of playstation would be the last problem caused by such event.

this

they are managing to survive.
they cant buy.