By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could Nintendo Buy the PlayStation Brand?

Nintendo buys PlayStation if Sony dies?

Yes, create a juggernaut! 208 69.33%

No, both are doomed 92 30.67%

Total:300
Noctisluciscaelum said:
They try work togather back in the day. Nintendo pull 360 no scope on Sony. Karma strike back on nintendo. They been having eating last 8 gen. Do you think Sony want work togather again.

If a another company buys your company, it's not working together, it is now your boss.

Around the Network
StarOcean said:
I honestly believe people hugely exaggerate just how rich/powerful Nintendo actually is as a company. Could they buy Sony? Hell no XD would they also want to inherit the problems involved with owning a financially unstable company just for a console name brand with a few IPs? I'd rather have MS buy Sony for PS than Nintendo. Even then, Samsung would be my highest bet for a buyer

If Samsung bought the PS brand, I would buy a playstation, however not as long as Sony owns it. Seems many people feel the same about there other products, or it seems off of how bad they are doing.

Cobretti2 said:
Mike_L said:

And why would Nintendo even consider buying Naughty Dog? Their games are just "grey and brown interactive movies with bad gameplay" x{

So I guess you have played uncharted? anything but grey and brown. Maybe you need to calibrate your TV better.

..and Naughty Dog are wrong for striving for realism. Their games should be stylized and be 2D platformers 80% of the time.

pokoko said:
I can see it now.

Iwata: "Naughty Dog-san, we really think you make interesting games but we'd like to make a few suggestions before we greenlight your next project. First, please reduce your budget by 70%. Thank you and please be excited for this. Next, we feel there are too many cut-scenes. Related to that, the narrative is a bit too dense so please make the story more accessible to everyone, even the smallest child. We want to bring joy to families. Finally, we feel that more primary colors make games more enjoyable and that your characters are perhaps too realistic--please make them rounder, shorter, and more stylized. Also, have you considered making your main character a plumber? Just something to think about. Thank you, please have good news for our next meeting. Ah, and send in Santa Monica-san on your way out."

HAHA.... Shudders.

I don't want Nintendo to touch PlayStation. Let Nintendo do what they do.

Around the Network
Noctisluciscaelum said:
They try work togather back in the day. Nintendo pull 360 no scope on Sony. Karma strike back on nintendo. They been having eating last 8 gen. Do you think Sony want work togather again.

Fucking lol

bubblegamer said:
That would be the day i quit Playstation. Shudders...

Really?! It wouldnt be any different from today's Sony. Look at other Nintendo purchases. They arent hands on. If it happened its one of thebest things it could happen, as you would now have Sony and Nintendo exclusives on the same system.

Also, i would like to remind those that think google/samsung/microsoft would easily get, remember that Japan in nationalistic. The government would probably block those deals in favor of japanese companies.

Forgot to answer the thread. They could, but i dont think they would unless it was to prevent a competitor from getting it.

Well, aren't you full of wishful thinking. Most likely Nintendo would ruin the playstation brand if by some chance it got it.

Nintendo wouldn't even try. Nintendo wouldn't care what happened to PlayStation. Besides, Sony seems to have stopped the free-fall for now anyway.