By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - OK, I faced it: WiiU can't sell over 15M

15M, too low or just ok?

With my heartbroken, I agree. 291 32.96%

A pricecut can still push it to 20M-25M. 426 48.24%

Nonsense. WiiU is an assu... 165 18.69%

Total:882

It can pass 15m but it won't pass 20m.

I think a price cut at the right time will do wonders. This is coming from a massive fan of Mario Kart, Smash Bros and Zelda who hasn't picked up a system yet . Its simply too expensive to benefit from that casual secondary console purchase atm.

The system will peak next year, I'm now certain of it. Smash and Mario will keep it selling ok (30-50k) in Q1/Q2.Then I believe we'll get a price cut in the summer followed by these releases:

Mario Part 10 (April-august)
Splatoon- (June-August)
X-(june-oct)
Yoshi- (june-oct)
Star Fox (sept-Nov)
Pokken (sept-Dec)
Zelda (october-Dec)
TBA: (at least one or 2 unannouced holiday titles)

Around the Network
archer9234 said:

I still say 20 million will be the lifetime. Nintendo will keep it going after the next one comes out. But Wii U is basically Windows Vista and 8. Once you got that bad rep, people didn't bother with them. No matter if issues where fixed.

Phil says that's bollocks and that you should believe in your product. Turnarounds are possible.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

My sig will come true. I will win the bet. Good.

I would be happy with just 18 million at this point! :/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

vivster said:
archer9234 said:

I still say 20 million will be the lifetime. Nintendo will keep it going after the next one comes out. But Wii U is basically Windows Vista and 8. Once you got that bad rep, people didn't bother with them. No matter if issues where fixed.

Phil says that's bollocks and that you should believe in your product. Turnarounds are possible.

Believe in your product, and in your parent company's bottomless moneybags.

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network
ICStats said:
vivster said:
archer9234 said:

Believe in your product, and in your parent company's bottomless moneybags.

That too. Also believe in your competent executives.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

daredevil.shark said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I still believe!

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

ohmylanta1003 said:
daredevil.shark said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I still believe!

15 is achievable, I can't see it reaching +18M tho

Some months ago I was thinking 18M so yeah... who knows.

In two years with bad sales it has already sold 8.2million. In two more years with similar sales it should be over 16 million. So it will probably sell over 15 million.