By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - OK, I faced it: WiiU can't sell over 15M

15M, too low or just ok?

With my heartbroken, I agree. 291 32.96%

A pricecut can still push it to 20M-25M. 426 48.24%

Nonsense. WiiU is an assu... 165 18.69%

Total:882

Does it matter if it reaches a certain point of sales? I thought Nintendo focuses only on profits rather than install-base as a lot of you have been pointing out?

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Around the Network
vivster said:
archer9234 said:

I still say 20 million will be the lifetime. Nintendo will keep it going after the next one comes out. But Wii U is basically Windows Vista and 8. Once you got that bad rep, people didn't bother with them. No matter if issues where fixed.

Phil says that's bollocks and that you should believe in your product. Turnarounds are possible.

yeah, well I'm a pesimist and don't bother with hope. When I see Smash and MK8 not do much.

Sunstrider said:
Does it matter if it reaches a certain point of sales? I thought Nintendo focuses only on profits rather than install-base as a lot of you have been pointing out?

That never matters to people. The GC will be always remembered as a failure. Even though it made profit. People don't care about logic :P HUGE NUMBERS MEAN ALL! God forbid Nintendo could keep making consoles forever. Never have 3rd party again. And still make profit. That is inherently wrong somehow.

Hard to say where it will land, 15-18 million sounds the most likely right now but it's going to depend how much support the Wii U has in it's later life along with any price drops. I'll be sticking with 18 million for now.

Sunstrider said:

It's an insecurity thing. Most people on here want to puff up their claims or preference with sales numbers. Profits aren't readily available on the site. 

But you're right, in the end it doesn't matter if they are making money. 

Leadified said:
Hard to say where it will land, 15-18 million sounds the most likely right now but it's going to depend how much support the Wii U has in it's later life along with any price drops. I'll be sticking with 18 million for now.

Wii U end support will be great. Nintendo wants to end Wii U with a hight note. Like PS4 it will give excuse people to buy their next system.

Around the Network

There's a lot of goodwill towards Nintendo and gamers want them to do well, so best not to count the Wii U out yet...but they really need decent 3rd party support. The best games are always new versions of the same ol' suspects....a price drop is obviously a good idea as well.

archer9234 said:
vivster said:
archer9234 said:

I still say 20 million will be the lifetime. Nintendo will keep it going after the next one comes out. But Wii U is basically Windows Vista and 8. Once you got that bad rep, people didn't bother with them. No matter if issues where fixed.

Phil says that's bollocks and that you should believe in your product. Turnarounds are possible.

yeah, well I'm a pesimist and don't bother with hope. When I see Smash and MK8 not do much.

I thought Nintendo fans were jolly people because of all the jolly games.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I think it will break the 15 m wall on 2016, but afterall i don´t care, I know for sure that Nintendo is going to realease great games on 2015 an 2016 (and maybe 2017 could be good too) so i´m ok even if only sells 12m (I´m actually think is going to reach 20m anyways).

End of 2014 = 8.8m (3.5m in 2014)
End of 2015 = 12.1m (3.3m in 2015)
End of 2016 = 13.6m (1.5m in 2016)

IN 2016 THE NEW NINTENDO CONSOLE WILL RELEASE

End of 2017 = 14.5 (900k in 2017)

The question now is if Nintendo will still make Wii U's in 2018? 

If yes the Wii U could reach 15m! :) 

End of 2018 = 15m (500k in 2018) 

23M