By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kirby and the Rainbow Curse price announced!

Sounds great! Looking forward to picking it up at launch!

Around the Network

Seems like an ok price like Captain Toad.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I'll pay $40 at launch for a game. I won't pay $60 while they offer season passes and MTs. If Captain Toad is an example of what to expect from this, then count me in for this game.
More games like this should happen. The AAA game model is a disgrace and a robbery of gamers today.

Eh. I still think Tropical Freeze should have been at most $20 at launch, so you can all imagine my opinion of this game being $40.

I'm always able to buy Nintendo games around 30-40 eur, so I'll think about it. Although I wasn't impressed when this game was revealed at E3, the ND coop aspect announcement made it much more desirable.

View on YouTube

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network
OfficerRaichu15 said:
DélioPT said:
Considering the competition in the kids/family business, it's reasonable to not overprice a game that appeals to that crowd.
And, let's face it, Kirby RC really has a "kiddie" visual to it.

But those looks, with a 39.99$ price tag, seems like a really good combination to attract those consumers.

bundle it

make it $220

good amount of commercials

should see a healthy wii u hardware boost :)

I highly doubt Nintendo would bundle it for that price.
If everything goes well, Nintendo will clear out whatever stock they have of the basic bundles by adding Smash and it's not anytime soon you'll see a Wii U with that price.

It's basically one of the few 1Q games they have, so there's a chance it will see some decent advertising.

spemanig said:
Eh. I still think Tropical Freeze should have been at most $20 at launch, so you can all imagine my opinion of this game being $40.

Why should TF have been 20$ at launch? Just because it's a 2D platformer? :/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:

100% because it's a 2D platformer.

EDIT: And hey. Maybe $20 is a little too low at launch. At most $30. Anything more, though, is laughable.

spemanig said:
AZWification said:

100% because it's a 2D platformer.

EDIT: And hey. Maybe $20 is a little too low at launch. At most $30. Anything more, though, is laughable.

That's honestly a really bad idea. Your idea of what it should be is based off of your perception of what would be best for yourself as a customer and how much you think they spent on the game. Doing that would significantly reduce profits for many companies, or may even just bankrupt them.

MDMAlliance said:

That's honestly a really bad idea. Your idea of what it should be is based off of your perception of what would be best for yourself as a customer and how much you think they spent on the game. Doing that would significantly reduce profits for many companies, or may even just bankrupt them.

Firstly, it definitely would not bankrupt them. Second, the rise in sales volume from the cheaper price would offset any profits per game sold. NSLU is nearly double it's sales, and that's just DLC for another Mario game. That's all due to appropriate pricing.