By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kirby and the Rainbow Curse price announced!

First day purchase regardless if it was 39.99 or 59.99. This just sweetened the pot!

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Around the Network
spemanig said:
MDMAlliance said:

That's honestly a really bad idea. Your idea of what it should be is based off of your perception of what would be best for yourself as a customer and how much you think they spent on the game. Doing that would significantly reduce profits for many companies, or may even just bankrupt them.

Firstly, it definitely would not bankrupt them. Second, the rise in sales volume from the cheaper price would offset any profits per game sold. NSLU is nearly double it's sales, and that's just DLC for another Mario game. That's all due to appropriate pricing.

U don't think being bundled with Wii U for a whole year was a large part of it?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

spemanig said:
Eh. I still think Tropical Freeze should have been at most $20 at launch, so you can all imagine my opinion of this game being $40.

I can only hope your joking.............................

Holy shit I just realized that the American boxart actually has a happy kirby on it for once!

ExplodingBlock said:

Holy shit I just realized that the American boxart actually has a happy kirby on it for once!

It's a Christmas miracle!

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network

Sweet price. 

If some of you folks in thread are serious. You are hilarious dudes. Specially Tropical Freeze being $20.

Was a for sure buy anyway, great news!

Boutros said:
JWeinCom said:
Boutros said:

Nintendo isn't giving away anything free here. They price it $39.99 because you get $39.99 of content. It's a 2D platformer that recycles many ideas from its predecessor (Canvas Curse and every other 2D Kirby games really). It wouldn't have been priced as such if it were a more ambitious title.

Most companies make games that recycle nearly all of the ideas from their predecessors, and still charge full price.

But most of the ones you have in mind (probably like Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed) don't come from a genre that's been around for over 30 years, that's been run into to the ground extensively and that requires limited technology. It feels like for a 2D platformer to stand out these days they need a unique artstyle because we all know they ultimately all play the same (or so). So if such a familiar genre recycles ideas then we know it probably didn't require much work, hence the lower price point.

Ego Shooters are around since the late 80's (Wolfenstein 3D wasn't the first one, but it was the codifier of the Genre), that makes already 25 years. As or Assassin's Creed, it's an Action-Adventure, and these already existed on the Atari 2600, so they are around for more than 30 years.

As for your last sentence: Then how come new CoD doesn't cost 5$ piece, as it's as familiar as it gets by now and absolutely EVERYTHING gets recycled over and over here, from the ideas over the plot to even engine and textures? Creating that plasticine look for Kirby probably amounts to the same efforts of creating 3-4 CoD. Probably also the reason why there's just one Kirby per console as opposed to one CoD every. single. year.

I thought that it'd be like 5 dollars or something. lol.

MohammadBadir said:
I thought that it'd be like 5 dollars or something. lol.

Why not free. ^_^

Am gonna win the insanity plea.