By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kirby and the Rainbow Curse price announced!

padib said:
tbone51 said:

They just did though. $60 ⇒ $40 

MSRP: 

WiiU Games: $60  (Very few are $50). Only 2 i believe are $40 (at start)

3DS Games: $40 (There are definitely notable $35, but hardly $30 from nintendo when launched)

How much lower do people want this, also we haven't even seenhow big the game is/etc. I and many who were thinking of buying this game were going to spemd $60 on it or wait for it to maybe be discounted later by a few bucks.

I dont get tis at all. Nintendo drops the price to $40 for a standard game which most companies would put it at $60 normally (or some at $50) and we still get complaints :-/

Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining. It is a leap in the right direction. Not a step but a leap.

Having said that, I think that 40$ on 3DS is for Nintendo's most high-profile games like Zelda and Mario. A casual Kirby game should probably be priced 35$ or 30$.

I'm not complaining, I just want Nintendo to win.

Lol win what? 

Around the Network

39.99 Is great. I don't know why there's complaints.

NintendoPie said:
Boutros said:

Nintendo isn't giving away anything free here. They price it $39.99 because you get $39.99 of content. It's a 2D platformer that recycles many ideas from its predecessor (Canvas Curse and every other 2D Kirby games really). It wouldn't have been priced as such if it were a more ambitious title.

It would've been priced at $59.99 back in 2008-10.

Yeah that's true but it wouldn't have released on the Wii U in 2008-10 :P

well then XD

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3