By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Did Sony know about FFVII?

Pretty simple...Did Sony know that the FFVII announcement was simply re-releasing the existing PC version?  I keep going back and forth...There's no way Sony would give stage time for the announcement of a re-release.  They didn't when it became available on PSN for PSP or PS3, there's even less of a reason to now.  It's also a huge troll to users.

Still, I also can't imagine they don't know about the actual product someone is going to release on their system.  If they believed this to be a full remake, they would have possibly even promoted it yet.

I guess they did save it for towards the end of the show, though.  And one journalist did seem to think it was going to be a full remake (game journalist).

Anyway, thoughts?

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Around the Network

Well, we won't know for sure but somehow, I kinda doubt that Sony would have not known considering its their own event loll. Heck, if you look at it, Persona 5 news (for example) lasted for like 5 seconds without any trailers and it was a Sony dude that was talking about it I believe, so I do think they knew about it but they just prefered quantity over anything else

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Of course they knew. . . No way they didn't know. You don't just wing a presentation, the presentation has a lot of planning in it. Another thing, Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft generally are fully aware of the software titles headed to them, and in what capacity.

Oh they knew

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

They knew it, no idea why they thought it'd be a good idea to give SE time on the stage for that or why SE thought it would be worth it to come to PSX and have a segment during the keynote to announce the release of the PC port of a 17 year old game on PS4, but they knew.

SE said they have a new console RPG to announce in December, they should have announced that at this event.

Around the Network

This overreaction is ridiculous. Square Enix employees getting death threats because FF7 is a PC port. But this is the gaming community we have today. Such a shame.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

What makes you think that they didn't know?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:

The fact that they gave such a prime spot in a convention to it.  They had never done this before when it was re-released.  The fact that a gaming journalist for Game was tweeting about how he couldn't believe it was finally happening before the event (clearly he was trolled, too).  A lot of people seemed to be hinting that something huge was coming...I find it hard to believe that Sony would want to look foolish when it was just a re-release.

That being said, I tend to agree that they knew, it's just hard to believe.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

They knew for sure.

epicurean said:
AZWification said:

The fact that they gave such a prime spot in a convention to it.  They had never done this before when it was re-released.  The fact that a gaming journalist for Game was tweeting about how he couldn't believe it was finally happening before the event (clearly he was trolled, too).  A lot of people seemed to be hinting that something huge was coming...I find it hard to believe that Sony would want to look foolish when it was just a re-release.

That being said, I tend to agree that they knew, it's just hard to believe.

Nah... It's hard to believe, yes, but I'd say that they definitely knew!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---