By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Did Sony know about FFVII?

SE: "Hey Sony, we have an FF7 announcement here we want to make at your upcoming PS event"
Sony: "FF7!!!!! YES YES! Of course you can show it! Ladies and gentlemen! A big game is coming up at the PS event that is bound to impress and upset a great number of people, get ready!"
Audience: "HYPE HYPE HYPE!"
Sony: "HYPE HYPE HYPE!"
SE: "Okay. Th-thanks."

Around the Network

They did know, and I was very disappointed.

my thoughts?

Everyone should let FF7 die already. Has anyone sat down and given thought to just how big a project a proper remaster or remake of FF7 will be? I mean lets be serious here? why will any company want to spend 10s of millions remaking a game when they could invest that into a new game?

A proper remake of FF7 will be a very very very very big task by modern game standards. If anything my problem with SE was that their stage time was talking about a game that i couldn't care less about, rather than talk about FF15 or KH3.

Sony can make some odd decisions.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

They had to know, I am just at a lost why they would let them be there to announce something so anti climatic. This is a blurb you read within a bigger announcement, not something that gets its own presentation.

Around the Network

M$: Hey Square, you know what would be really funny?
Square: What M$?
M$: As part of our Tomb Raider deal, you would do a straight up port of FFVII for PS4.
Square: Haha, that would be hilarious. We are too lazy to re-make it anyways and your money is always nice to have. Let's do it!

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Of course they knew. Why is that so hard to believe? Sony already gave Square time at the PS4 reveal to show an old tech demo for an engine that they ended up canning without ever making a single game with it. This is a step up from that, at least.

So since everyone seems to think they knew, do you think Sony was leaking details purposely? There was a lot of FFVII talk just before the event.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Of course they knew.

It would have been even more troublesome if Sony didn't know what their own event would contain so yes, they knew perfectly well...