By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So Uncharted is copying Tomb Raider now?

isn't that what fans wanted? i mean a lot of people were asking for a "more open" uncharted in the next gen!

Uncharted was linear because the lack of RAM on PS3(it wasn't a good console for open world games).

It's the natural progression/evolution of this kind of game.Besides i don't the game will be a sandbox or something.It's just that,with 8GB of GDDR5 you can have a linear game with a bigger scope.

Around the Network

Those who are comparing these two (uncharted and tomb raider) started gaming after 2006. Probably with Xbox 360. Ask veterans.

Uncharted 4 looks like it took cue from old Indians Jones games, specifically "Indiana Jones and Emperors Tomb". They were excellent. People who are saying tomb raider similarity because of that wall climbing thingy. Lol.

BTW tomb raider is a franchise that always copied other big games. Indiana Jones served as an inspiration. But tomb raider legend was a "copy / paste" from "Prince of persia two thrones".

But nothing will change. Why? Because most of the people who are comparing have no idea what I am talking about and started gaming late.

I don't think they're trying to copy. Even if they were, would that be a problem?

I love Kresnik!

Looked like every other Uncharted to me...

This makes no sense. Uncharted isn't gonna be open world.

My true form. You like it?

Around the Network
Kelzus said:

How exactly is it open world? And how does it look like tomb raider? Because he was climbing rocks with an axe?

It was a dagger, at that.  I thought so too. But, only because of him climbing the rock like he did.  But you know what?  They're both based on indiana jones anyway.  Who cares about copying.  They're both good, fun games.  I liked the reboot and uncharted 2 and 3..  Never played the 1st.

Kelzus said:

How exactly is it open world? And how does it look like tomb raider? Because he was climbing rocks with an axe?

The way they panned out on that island certainly seemed to be hinting at such. I doubt one level is going to be an entire freakin island. 

Anyone who thinks this doesn' t look a lot like the tomb raider reboot is lying to themselves. Thats not a bad thing, but it does, I'm sorry.

The downplay is insane lol

Someone makes a comment about the order ? 25 pages of trash talking the game.

Uncharted reveal ? Holy shit it looks a ps3 game!!! They are copying tomb raider now ? Uncharted in a jungle in a island ? Realy? i never saw uncharted on a island, they have no shame copy cats.

OttoniBastos said:
isn't that what fans wanted? i mean a lot of people were asking for a "more open" uncharted in the next gen!

Uncharted was linear because the lack of RAM on PS3(it wasn't a good console for open world games).

It's the natural progression/evolution of this kind of game.Besides i don't the game will be a sandbox or something.It's just that,with 8GB of GDDR5 you can have a linear game with a bigger scope.

I for one only wanted more open/less linear levels. I like the format of uncharted games, I would much rather travel to several different exotic locations around the world than be stuck on one island (even if it is huge and varied).

With that being said I will still play this and will probably still love it.

Uncharted copies Tomb Raider, Tomb Raider copies Uncharted, Uncharted copies Tomb Raider... The cycle goes on.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.