By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So Uncharted is copying Tomb Raider now?

Can you change the thread title to "So Uncharted 4 island level is confirmed now?"

Around the Network

Copy this copy that. Find a way for Drake to climb walls and explore unknown areas differently. There's only so much you can do original. Might as well complain that Lara doesn't even use her riches right. Like why doesn't she have a full team and 300 bodyguards protecting everyone.

daredevil.shark said:

Those who are comparing these two (uncharted and tomb raider) started gaming after 2006. Probably with Xbox 360. Ask veterans.

Uncharted 4 looks like it took cue from old Indians Jones games, specifically "Indiana Jones and Emperors Tomb". They were excellent. People who are saying tomb raider similarity because of that wall climbing thingy. Lol.

BTW tomb raider is a franchise that always copied other big games. Indiana Jones served as an inspiration. But tomb raider legend was a "copy / paste" from "Prince of persia two thrones".

But nothing will change. Why? Because most of the people who are comparing have no idea what I am talking about and started gaming late.

The original uncharted games were probably not as influenced by Tomb Raider as many people made it out to be, but for the simple fact that tomb raider was a game of a similar premise that came out years before uncharted there is no escaping the comparisons. 

Now the Tomb Raider reboot was clearly taking inspiration from uncharted because it completely upended its established formula. More action oriented, cinematics and qte's. It was definitely taking inspiration from uncharted.

Now once again this uncharted seems to be changing up its established formula (assuming it is open world) and I think it is pretty clear that some inspiration was taken from Tomb Raider reboot. Copying has negative connotations but I don't see it as a bad thing. Noone is immune to influence. Naughty Dog will probably make a better version of Tomb Raider reboot anyway.

OttoniBastos said:
isn't that what fans wanted? i mean a lot of people were asking for a "more open" uncharted in the next gen!

Uncharted was linear because the lack of RAM on PS3(it wasn't a good console for open world games).

It's the natural progression/evolution of this kind of game.Besides i don't the game will be a sandbox or something.It's just that,with 8GB of GDDR5 you can have a linear game with a bigger scope.

Eh? 7th gen console had a lot of noteworty open world games.

Tomb Raider was basically an open world game with similar gameplay to Uncharted.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

archer9234 said:

Copy this copy that. Find a way for Drake to climb walls and explore unknown areas differently. There's only so much you can do original. Might as well complain that Lara doesn't even use her riches right. Like why doesn't she have a full team and 300 bodyguards protecting everyone.

I'm not complaining about copying. I'm only worried about the possibility that it might be open world. Granted I could be wrong but it certainly looks that way from where I stand.

Around the Network

Goodness, PSX has some in a tizzy. The jealous downplaying of every PS4 exclusive is amusing.

Thanks jlmurph!

How really cares it's Uncharted, and it will be awesome!

Wait, you got some exclusive interview with them where they said it was open world?! Oh you didn't? You're just making crap up because you saw Drake on an island in a very limited demo? Yeah makes sense-_- Drake was climvlbing on rocks on an island, totally copying tomb raider-_-

Uncharted is unique; Tomb Raider copied a bit Uncharted and got inspired, not vice versa ;)

Come on !

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

wilco said:
archer9234 said:

I'm not complaining about copying. I'm only worried about the possibility that it might be open world. Granted I could be wrong but it certainly looks that way from where I stand.

You can't copy someone who copied you first, by definition :)

Uncharted4 is just a natural evolution of Uncharted.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.