By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So Uncharted is copying Tomb Raider now?

I hope so.. Auto-cover (which was perfect in TR) and auto hiding in bushes (from AC) will improve the gameplay.. If should also take the seamless rockclimbing from AC 3 instead of these slightly different colored sticking out rocks..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Next thing you know all FPS games copy each other and all racing games too because they have I dunno... Vehicles! XD

Hahaha I knew someone would say that eventually. There is nothing wrong with ANY game taking pieces of other games to make there's better.

Having said that, I honestly think that short demo used the grappling hook far better than the entire last Tomb Raider game. Uncharted is going to take these tools and actually use them in the combat, which is different from Tomb Raider.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

wilco said:

Now once again this uncharted seems to be changing up its established formula (assuming it is open world) and I think it is pretty clear that some inspiration was taken from Tomb Raider reboot. Copying has negative connotations but I don't see it as a bad thing. Noone is immune to influence. Naughty Dog will probably make a better version of Tomb Raider reboot anyway.

LMAO.

Nate4Drake said:
wilco said:
archer9234 said:

Copy this copy that. Find a way for Drake to climb walls and explore unknown areas differently. There's only so much you can do original. Might as well complain that Lara doesn't even use her riches right. Like why doesn't she have a full team and 300 bodyguards protecting everyone.

I'm not complaining about copying. I'm only worried about the possibility that it might be open world. Granted I could be wrong but it certainly looks that way from where I stand.

You can't copy someone who copied you first, by definition :)

Uncharted4 is just a natural evolution of Uncharted.

Lol.. you think uncharted is unique. Bless your heart.

Around the Network
poklane said:
Naughty Dog shows huge island = Uncharted 4 open world confirmed
okay then

I saw Drake hiding on the grass too. Full Metal Gear stealth gameplay confirmed!

So you're telling me that video games borrow ideas from one another?

Everybody shut down the god damn internet right now this man has found something no one has found before. Stop the presses, we might have something big on our hands here.

What? Uncharted 1 was in an Island and a jungle. They showed a pre-alpha footage of Drake in an island and suddenly it's a copy of TR. TR must have started Island adventures.

All I can say is play Tomb Raider Legend on PS2 (or in the HD compilation for PS3). Then, play Uncharted Drake's Fortune on PS3.

Aside from the cover mechanic, everything that Uncharted did, Legend did first. There's a reason Uncharted used to be called "Dude Raider".

no, they stole more from assassins creed