By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So Uncharted is copying Tomb Raider now?

"It certainly looks like Drake is stranded on an open world island, exactly like tomb raider."

like the first uncharted?

Around the Network

The only reason people are saying this is a ripoff is because he used an axe to climb a rock wall... wow. People will look for anything to hate on...

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

FatedReality said:
The only reason people are saying this is a ripoff is because he used an axe to climb a rock wall... wow. People will look for anything to hate on...

Where would we be without tomb raider to have pioneered such a tool?

Oh, exactly where we are.

Like every other uncharted which were all influenced by tomb raider, which went on to be influenced by uncharted...

UC4 will be a great game. Like others have said, there are only so many ways to skin a cat. If they want to use a rock wall as an obstacle, there is only so many ways to climb it. Both games will probably be good and the games from the same genre will ultimately have similar things in them.

It is near the end of the end....

Around the Network

"So Uncharted is copying Tomb Raider now?"

Since WHEN has Uncharted NOT been known as a Tomb Raider copy? Since...WHEN? From the very 1st time we seen the 1st trailer of Uncharted 1 on ps3(back in 06, 07) it was was known as that "Tomb Raider" looking game.

December 7 2014: "So Uncharted is copying Tomb Raider now?"

I honestly couldn't wait for somebody to make this thread lol. I knew that somebody was going to claim that the much talked about Tomb Raider copy(Uncharted) which came out as a copy of Tomb Raider back in 2007 was going to be accused of copying Tomb Raider in 2014.

You're trying to act like you're not bothered by it but yet you've made the thread. I'm pretty sure if Uncharted 4 was a multiplat game, not affiliated with Sony and was on all consoles, you probably wouldn't have made this thread about a game that was known as a Tomb Raider copy back in 07 now copying Tomb Raider in 2014.. but I could be wrong though

Uncharted was always the copy of Tomb Raider as Tomb Raider released way before the game was even thought of. Like someone said above, Uncharted has been the male version of Tomb Raider

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

well the climbing and platforming mechanics are copied from tombraider, right from the start of the series. UC series always reminded of tomb raider mixed with gears of war type cover based shooting.

HoloDust said:
d21lewis said:

It's a better quality franchise.  Underworld was the only true 7th gen Tomb Raider until the reboot and it wasn't that good.  While I like the Tomb Raider franchise, I'm not oblivious to reality.  Uncharted took things that Tomb Raider did and did them better.  And it had sharper writing.

I think Uncharted 2 and TR Reboot are the best in the genre (with an edge to U2).

I quite enjoyed Underworld, it's nowhere near the original Core's TRs, but it's pretty good TR game. On the other hand, I think Reboot is very average game (bar shooting mechanics) and horrid TR experience.

Hm, I'm getting deja vu right about here - I think we had this conversation before, but don't blame me, I hardly ever miss a chance to shit on Reboot and everything it stands for. ;)

I enjoyed it too (had like 900/1000 Achievement points!) but the story was kinda weak and there were no boss fights.

I think Uncharted was more action oriented.  In Uncharted 2, for example, if you took too long on any puzzle, thee game would just give you the answer.  Meanwhile, every Tomb Raider had puzzles that could stump you for hours (aside from Reboot).  But, at the end of the day, despite my preferences, I just look at how a game makes me feel when the credits roll.  Reboot was simpler but I was happier.

And I'm always up for a good debate!!

teigaga said:
Every other uncharted which influenced were all influenced by tomb raider, which went on to be influenced by uncharted..

Agree 100%.