By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - [INFO] Black Friday! X1 Dominates, Other Statistics! [Walmart/Target Top SKU's]1. X1 AC:U + 2. PS4 GTA5/TLoU + 3. 3DS NSMB2 (Target: WiiU SM3DW)

Basically the multi platform games sold better, especially the ones with deals going on... Expected. It doesn't include games bundled btw so gta/AC and so on would be higher.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Angelv577 said:
CosmicSex said:

The same site is claiming that the Number One game was Maden 15...

damn, according to this smash flopped hard.

Hahahahaha....... :'-(

Though its weird no pokemon Omega Ruby, and Halo+Alpha Sapphire to damn low

lol the list definitely doesn't make sense at all.

Kerotan said:
Funny how tbone posted this but didn't realize that if it was accurate it would mean SSB flopped spectacularly! This is so bad it makes me wonder how this thread can stay open but mine earlier was close. This is the most unprofessional, un-accurate piece of "research" I've ever read, They don't deserve any clicks but they'll get loads.

75% of statistics are made up and this chart is one of them.

:'-(

sintheus said:

Yes, people will be salty... I agree, It's just one month out of the year that the Xbox will win and PS4 is selling better worldwide But, People will still be salty. I guess they want the Ps4 to win the whole year of 2014 or something. like I said any good news about the Xbox everyone wants to jump in and down play it. Everyone wants to scream don't belive in this report, that site sucks, but the same people will gloat about good news for PS4 and the numbers that are collected from this site...FUNNY!

Is this information being overly hyped or downplayed? Time will tell. Last year's information was hopelessly innacurate, so those who are downplaying have more solid grounds for their point of view.

Why should you want to celebrate good news from the least reliable video game source, when all that might do is end up causing embarassment later on. You should wait for reliable data and then celebrate. If you don't like VGC information (why are you even here then?) you should wait for NPD.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

sintheus said:

Yes, people will be salty... I agree, It's just one month out of the year that the Xbox will win and PS4 is selling better worldwide But, People will still be salty. I guess they want the Ps4 to win the whole year of 2014 or something. like I said any good news about the Xbox everyone wants to jump in and down play it. Everyone wants to scream don't belive in this report, that site sucks, but the same people will gloat about good news for PS4 and the numbers that are collected from this site...FUNNY!

So when a credible source from Sony announces 10 million sold to consumers, people on here were questioning it and downplaying those numbers.  Saying they couldn't be true.

But now we have a source such as this one that puts XB1 in the spot light and you want everyone to accept these numbers?  This article is laughable!  Please explain to me how Madden is the top selling game during black friday...

Around the Network
binary solo said:

The OP should put up BF 2013 week sales from VGC to compare.

USA Hardware by Platform

Platform Weekly (change) Total
X360 521,590 (+454%) 42,142,887
3DS 487,410 (+274%) 10,539,735
XOne 317,013 (-51%) 969,058
PS3 278,278 (+375%) 25,547,774
WiiU 147,632 (+230%) 1,689,462
PS4 133,877 (+46%) 1,207,827
PSV 53,702 (+313%) 1,565,289
Wii 48,356 (+235%) 41,280,098
DS 18,097 (+189%) 52,748,910
PSP 7,166 (+321%) 19,760,374
Total 2,013,121(+82%)

2013 Market share for the home consoles was

Market share
X360 521590 36.1
XOne 317013 21.9
PS3 278278 19.2
WiiU 147632 10.2
PS4 133877 9.3
Wii 48356 3.3
Total 1446746

So basically it got everything wrong. Closest was 360, but it was still nearly 20% out.

So this methodology is worse than VGC.

People so fast to come here and say "downplay incoming" without actually analysing whether this is quality information. Indeed presenting this as any sort of definitive information is mischevious. Direst retailer information (if their website best seller rankings are actual sales) suggests it was very close and possibly a PS4 win.

We should be suspicious of a company that we only hear of when Xbox One is on top.  Where is InfoSouct the 49 weeks of the year when it's not good data for Xbox One?

They seem to be focusing on Target & Walmart only, so that makes things very biased.  Target especially should be taken as the most Xbox One biased store this holiday.  The $50 giftcard offer, plus Target Redcard member 5% savings essentially make XB1 ACU bundle just $262.55.  So hell yeah should've sold like hotcakes at Target, but not as well elsewhere.

My 8th gen collection

that methodology though

Thanks jlmurph!

BreedinBull said:
that methodology though

It's unrivaled!!

NobleTeam360 said:
Downplay in 3. 2. 1....

Lol, downplay?  How bout disprove?  And with simple math.  Of course, if people want to blindly believe this, I realize why they wouldn't want to follow, but do try.

According to their last year's "findings," the PS4 and the PS3 sold around the same percentage/amount.  Because of Sony's PR from their launch, we know the PS4 sold ~1M its launch week in the US.  This means it only sold ~100K on Black Friday week, since it sold ~1.1M in Nov.  So, infoscout is saying the PS3 sold 100K on Black Friday.  So, only 1/4 of its sales for the entire month, since it sold 420K in Nov.  If you know anything about Black Friday, you know this is impossible.  Just the previous year the PS3 sold ~74% of its entire Nov sales during Black Friday (525K out of ~710K.)  Meaning probably ~65%-70% on Black Friday.

So, yea, infoscout debunked.  The more you know. 

thismeintiel said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Downplay in 3. 2. 1....

Lol, downplay?  How bout disprove?  And with simple math.  Of course, if people want to blindly believe this, I realize why they wouldn't want to follow, but do try.

According to their last year's "findings," the PS4 and the PS3 sold around the same percentage/amount.  Because of Sony's PR from their launch, we know the PS4 sold ~1M its launch week in the US.  This means it only sold ~100K on Black Friday week, since it sold ~1.1M in Nov.  So, infoscout is saying the PS3 sold 100K on Black Friday.  So, only 1/4 of its sales for the entire month, since it sold 420K in Nov.  If you know anything about Black Friday, you know this is impossible.  Just the previous year the PS3 sold ~74% of its entire Nov sales during Black Friday (525K out of ~710K.)  Meaning probably ~65%-70% on Black Friday.

So, yea, infoscout debunked.  The more you know. 

I never said I believed the numbers, now did I?