By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - [INFO] Black Friday! X1 Dominates, Other Statistics! [Walmart/Target Top SKU's]1. X1 AC:U + 2. PS4 GTA5/TLoU + 3. 3DS NSMB2 (Target: WiiU SM3DW)

sintheus said:
That's right fanboys, play this news down. The salt is about to get real. God forbid if there is any good news for MS.

This is hardly "news".

I would consider these numbers to be FAR worse than any other sales tracker. The most glaring flaw is exactly how the data is collected.  These results are based on voluntary data provided by a subset of the population with the necessary technology to furnish this said data.  

Not to mention that this is the time when these numbers can be thrown out the window since a significant portion of these consoles are being purchased for the holidays in comparison to any other time in the year.  So what parent or even a small child is going to take a picture of their receipt?

Edit:  The funny thing is that the majority of the people will look at these projected numbers and consider them as representative.

Around the Network
Jimbo1337 said:
sintheus said:
That's right fanboys, play this news down. The salt is about to get real. God forbid if there is any good news for MS.

This is hardly "news".

I would consider these numbers to be FAR worse than any other sales tracker. The most glaring flaw is exactly how the data is collected.  These results are based on voluntary data provided by a subset of the population with the necessary technology to furnish this said data.  

Not to mention that this is the time when these numbers can be thrown out the window since a significant portion of these consoles are being purchased for the holidays in comparison to any other time in the year.  So what parent or even a small child is going to take a picture of their receipt?

Edit:  The funny thing is that the majority of the people will look at these projected numbers and consider them as representative.

of course they will. just like we had threads when someone took a pick of 1 Xbox placed beside a stack of PS4's and news articles on it, or how many sites and threads on here reported the MS almost nearly soon shipped announcement like it was fact. 

sintheus said:

So PS fans are salty because the XOne is going to win one month in NA although the PS worldwide lead is still growing? How exactly does that all work out if the Quadrizzle has the ultimate trump card argument? A lot of people think MS will win November relax lol this is just a silly benchmark to determine why. 

The same site is claiming that the Number One game was Maden 15...

Yes, people will be salty... I agree, It's just one month out of the year that the Xbox will win and PS4 is selling better worldwide But, People will still be salty. I guess they want the Ps4 to win the whole year of 2014 or something. like I said any good news about the Xbox everyone wants to jump in and down play it. Everyone wants to scream don't belive in this report, that site sucks, but the same people will gloat about good news for PS4 and the numbers that are collected from this site...FUNNY!

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:

Hmm, Madden first?

Where is Smash Brothers???

My 8th gen collection

CosmicSex said:

damn, according to this smash flopped hard.

Angelv577 said:
CosmicSex said:

damn, according to this smash flopped hard.

Hahahahaha....... :'-(

Though its weird no pokemon Omega Ruby, and Halo+Alpha Sapphire to damn low

Funny how tbone posted this but didn't realize that if it was accurate it would mean SSB flopped spectacularly! This is so bad it makes me wonder how this thread can stay open but mine earlier was close. This is the most unprofessional, un-accurate piece of "research" I've ever read, They don't deserve any clicks but they'll get loads.

75% of statistics are made up and this chart is one of them.

tbone51 said:

For Comparison last year...

NPD November 2013::

PS4 - 1138K

XB1 - 909K

360 - 647K

PS3 - 425K

WIU - 223K

WII - 83K

Last BF:

The OP should put up BF 2013 week sales from VGC to compare.

USA Hardware by Platform

Platform Weekly (change) Total
X360 521,590 (+454%) 42,142,887
3DS 487,410 (+274%) 10,539,735
XOne 317,013 (-51%) 969,058
PS3 278,278 (+375%) 25,547,774
WiiU 147,632 (+230%) 1,689,462
PS4 133,877 (+46%) 1,207,827
PSV 53,702 (+313%) 1,565,289
Wii 48,356 (+235%) 41,280,098
DS 18,097 (+189%) 52,748,910
PSP 7,166 (+321%) 19,760,374
Total 2,013,121(+82%)

2013 Market share for the home consoles was

Market share
X360 521590 36.1
XOne 317013 21.9
PS3 278278 19.2
WiiU 147632 10.2
PS4 133877 9.3
Wii 48356 3.3
Total 1446746

So basically it got everything wrong. Closest was 360, but it was still nearly 20% out.

So this methodology is worse than VGC.

People so fast to come here and say "downplay incoming" without actually analysing whether this is quality information. Indeed presenting this as any sort of definitive information is mischevious. Direst retailer information (if their website best seller rankings are actual sales) suggests it was very close and possibly a PS4 win.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix