By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - [INFO] Black Friday! X1 Dominates, Other Statistics! [Walmart/Target Top SKU's]1. X1 AC:U + 2. PS4 GTA5/TLoU + 3. 3DS NSMB2 (Target: WiiU SM3DW)

ijustlikegames:) said:

Gamz said:

I guess I don't understand the big deal if X1 wins one NPD. People act like its a big deal but its one market...they're still getting killed in total sales.

That one market is the biggest.  So, yeah, it does matter.  

Does it really though? If you win one market and your competition still sells really well in that market and dominates on total sales what exactly are you winning. I would say the only reason you think it matters so much is because of how badly the X1 has been losing. I just don't see winning any one market being important if the competition still wins total sales. Last generation the 360 clearly won the US and is still in last place in sales behind the Wii and the PS3. Unless it wins by enough to put it on top in total sales for the week it doesn't matter.

Did it not matter last generation?  Of course it did.  

Around the Network
Gamz said:

Gamz said:

I guess I don't understand the big deal if X1 wins one NPD. People act like its a big deal but its one market...they're still getting killed in total sales.

Does it really though? If you win one market and your competition still sells really well in that market and dominates on total sales what exactly are you winning. I would say the only reason you think it matters so much is because of how badly the X1 has been losing. I just don't see winning any one market being important if the competition still wins total sales. Last generation the 360 clearly won the US and is still in last place in sales behind the Wii and the PS3. Unless it wins by enough to put it on top in total sales for the week it doesn't matter.

Actually that's exactly what I just said in my comment...it didn't really matter last generation because the 360 still ended up in last even though it dominated the US. One win in a single market doesn't matter when the PS4 is still dominating total sales. Plus look at everything X1 had to do to finally beat the PS4 in what was one of the weakest PlayStation markets last gen...all the while Sony basically did nothing. Once the holiday deals end and Sony's strong line up starts next year I don't think the X1 sales will sustain themselves. Can you give me any reasons why its important other than saying X1 needs a win? If your favorite football team's rival wins the Superbowl do people really care about that one time you beat them once?

Gamz said:

Gamz said:

Actually that's exactly what I just said in my comment...it didn't really matter last generation because the 360 still ended up in last even though it dominated the US. One win in a single market doesn't matter when the PS4 is still dominating total sales. Plus look at everything X1 had to do to finally beat the PS4 in what was one of the weakest PlayStation markets last gen...all the while Sony basically did nothing. Once the holiday deals end and Sony's strong line up starts next year I don't think the X1 sales will sustain themselves. Can you give me any reasons why its important other than saying X1 needs a win? If your favorite football team's rival wins the Superbowl do people really care about that one time you beat them once?

Basic Math.  US and UK are MS strong points.  They lose those and they are screwed.  I don't have the stats to prove it, but I'm pretty sure the U.S. spends the most on games for these said consoles.  So, yeah, it does matter.

Gamz said:

Basic Math.  US and UK are MS strong points.  They lose those and they are screwed.  I don't have the stats to prove it, but I'm pretty sure the U.S. spends the most on games for these said consoles.  So, yeah, it does matter.

Using your logic they're screwed then because they are losing in those regions. I'm not saying that the X1 won't be successful, the 360 came in last and it was successful, but winning one month in one market is not going put them on top and a lot of fanboys are acting like this means the X1 is winning...just no

Quote Tree Shortened and User Moderated - Conegamer

Please keep quote trees down. Oh, and also, please stay on topic and keep personal attacks out of it!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Gamz said:

Using your logic they're screwed then because they are losing in those regions. I'm not saying that the X1 won't be successful, the 360 came in last and it was successful, but winning one month in one market is not going put them on top and a lot of fanboys are acting like this means the X1 is winning...just no

I don't think anybody is saying that.   I'm saying yes, if they can't gain a foothold in their most important markets they are indeed screwed.  Is this not common sense?

Conegamer said:
Please keep quote trees down. Oh, and also, please stay on topic and keep personal attacks out of it!

Sorry, meant to cut the quote tree down and forgot. I didn't think I had a personal attack though. I wasn't calling him a fanboy or anything, just saying that I don't get why a lot of the hardcore Xbox fans are acting like this puts the X1 on top since there is still a significant gap to overcome. I will try and be more careful about how I word things.

Sorry, meant to cut the quote tree down and forgot. I didn't think I had a personal attack though. I wasn't calling him a fanboy or anything, just saying that I don't get why a lot of the hardcore Xbox fans are acting like this puts the X1 on top since there is still a significant gap to overcome. I will try and be more careful about how I word things.

Because it's good news (if true) for the Xbox.  Can't people be postive or happy?   Sheez.  

Gamz said:
Gamz said:

I don't think anybody is saying that.   I'm saying yes, if they can't gain a foothold in their most important markets they are indeed screwed.  Is this not common sense?

You'd be surprised at exactly how many people are saying that. That's what I don't get, these people act like this is the X1s comeback and putting them on top and I don't understand that thinking. I also am not convinced yet that this is necessarily a good victory considering what all they had to do to get that victory in their main market. I just think its too soon to celebrate until we see if the X1 can sustain these sales without the deals and bundles once the holiday season is over and these deals go away.

Agreed, but I see no harm in people getting a little excited.