By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - [INFO] Black Friday! X1 Dominates, Other Statistics! [Walmart/Target Top SKU's]1. X1 AC:U + 2. PS4 GTA5/TLoU + 3. 3DS NSMB2 (Target: WiiU SM3DW)

I was around Target today, and a guy was asking about the base PS4. The assistant told him they only have the GTAV & TLOU bundle, so he passed. Some folks don't want two extra games for the same price?

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network
ICStats said:
I was around Target today, and a guy was asking about the base PS4. The assistant told him they only have the GTAV & TLOU bundle, so he passed. Some folks don't want two extra games for the same price?

Maybe they plan to give it as a gift to a young one in the family? At least that would be a good excuse than just turning down the bundle. lol! xD

People might find this analysis of Infoscout's survey interesting: 

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/11/30/its-way-too-early-to-call-a-black-friday-victor-between-ps4-and-xbox-one/

Also, who paid for this survey? Most of Infoscout's customers are US mega-corporations. If MS paid for it, the timing, store selection, etc. would all make sense. On the other hand, if Sony paid for it, I would have expected them to keep it under wraps or wait for more favorable results.

Flawed anaysis.
I'd rather use VgChartz data. They were so off last year so that shows you ho much trust you should put into this years data.

Insidb said:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/11/30/its-way-too-early-to-call-a-black-friday-victor-between-ps4-and-xbox-one/

Also, who paid for this survey? Most of Infoscout's customers are US mega-corporations. If MS paid for it, the timing, store selection, etc. would all make sense. On the other hand, if Sony paid for it, I would have expected them to keep it under wraps or wait for more favorable results.

Oh yeah great find. Dual shockers is always fair and balanced reporting. Ugh. 

Around the Network
todd2r said:
Insidb said:

Oh yeah great find. Dual shockers is always fair and balanced reporting. Ugh. 

I think we would be foolish not to expect bias: speaking of "fair and balanced," Fox News' and their associates' 2012 polls say Mitt Romney is president. It's a dirty, dirty business lol.

Meh, I take these with a ginormous grain of salt.

Also, I bet Madden sold a shit ton during BF. I think it was $25-30 at most places. And when you buy a new console, a new NFL title is a great starting point for many people buying presents.

Areym said:
tak13 said:
Areym said:
Can't wait for next week's numbers.

...Or the next upcoming week!The npd week.:P

I think MS will win the NPD, even more so if these reports of the XB1 dominating are accurate. MS earned it, they threw every incentive to make sure they can get some momentum going and it payed off. As for december's  NPD, the XB1 has a strong chance to win once more but the difference will be far less.

Lets hope they keep this same momentum for Exclusive and it seems they are. With all the hints of Exclusive games and expecially teasing Rare, not only a few games but many of the games.

prinz_valium said:
Kane1389 said:
prinz_valium said:
Kane1389 said:

Well, according to this source Xbone was ahead last year aswell, even tho PS4 sold more overall on black friday, so again, this tells us nothing on the overall winner

souce?
the ps4 sold way less last year black friday, because of no stock

It's in the OP

em no. there is nothing about ps4 sold more overall on black friday last year
maybe u mean the whole npd november?

You are correct, I misread it, sorry

I'm still surprises none of the big 3 have come forward bragging about the numbers. They should have some BF numbers by now.