By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - [INFO] Black Friday! X1 Dominates, Other Statistics! [Walmart/Target Top SKU's]1. X1 AC:U + 2. PS4 GTA5/TLoU + 3. 3DS NSMB2 (Target: WiiU SM3DW)

Insidb said:

I took this at my local BestBuy: http://i60.tinypic.com/2cz689h.jpg

" alt="" width="500" height="500" />

Some notes: 1) This is all the PS4/X1 stock they had left, 2) This BestBuy is HUGE, 3) They had 10-12 PS4 GTAV and 3 ACU bundles in the pick up area, and 4) They sold 3 PS4 Destiny bundles off the stack in the 15 minutes I was there.

If we are to believe that Sony shipped a much larger number of PS4s and that this is a representative sample, the PS4 did very well. Can I have Greenberg's job now?

If Wal-Mart's 3x their normal shipments holds true for all retailers, then we are really talking about massive PS4 shipments.  I'm guessing they didn't want a repeat of last year, where sales were seriously hurt by lack of stock.  Interesting that the only thing left are Destiny Bundles.

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:

The same site is claiming that the Number One game was Maden 15...

That's the proof of how much inaccurate is the research...:P

Kane1389 said:
prinz_valium said:
Kane1389 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Downplay in 3. 2. 1....

Well, according to this source Xbone was ahead last year aswell, even tho PS4 sold more overall on black friday, so again, this tells us nothing on the overall winner

souce?
the ps4 sold way less last year black friday, because of no stock

It's in the OP

You need to separate BF sales from November NPD. They do not necessarily align. Most years whoever wins BF wins NPD, but it's not always the case, and it wasn't the case last year because both PS4 and Xb one's biggest weeks in November were prior to BF. PS4 16th Nov, Xb one 23rd Nov.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

This would also mean that if the Wii U sold 250,000 in the usa (realistic) then this agency reckons the Xbox 1 must have sold 2.25 million? Just.....wow? Also, the Xbox sold 9 times more than the PS3 even though the PS3 outsold it last week. Huh?

zdra said:
I would imagine the sample size of people who actually got an xbox or ps4 is only like 20-30k. Since this site covers everything you can buy and out of 180k total receipts for all product i find it hard to believe more than 20% would be gaming machines

That is a very good poll, 10,000 is considered a very good poll number.

Around the Network
cfin2987@gmail.com said:

This would also mean that if the Wii U sold 250,000 in the usa (realistic) then this agency reckons the Xbox 1 must have sold 2.25 million? Just.....wow? Also, the Xbox sold 9 times more than the PS3 even though the PS3 outsold it last week. Huh?

What? pretty sure 360 outsold ps3 last week. 

tak13 said:
CosmicSex said:

The same site is claiming that the Number One game was Maden 15...

That's the proof of how much inaccurate is the research...:P

Madden was also Marked down for Black Friday and was most likely a easy buy for parents, they didn't have to worry about Ratings.

http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/black-friday-3054-Madden15forXboxOne.html

DJEVOLVE said:
zdra said:
I would imagine the sample size of people who actually got an xbox or ps4 is only like 20-30k. Since this site covers everything you can buy and out of 180k total receipts for all product i find it hard to believe more than 20% would be gaming machines

According to the reciepts only 1500 people submitted reciepts with console purchases.  I made some purchases but I don't use this app and don't know anyone who does. 

Sorry, I was looking at ww. Still though, the 360 wasn't even 2:1 over the pa3 last week. Now they claim its 9:1?

TiagoCosta said:
cfin2987@gmail.com said:

What? pretty sure 360 outsold ps3 last week. 

DJEVOLVE said:
zdra said:

10k isnt a good poll if its not randomised