By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - [INFO] Black Friday! X1 Dominates, Other Statistics! [Walmart/Target Top SKU's]1. X1 AC:U + 2. PS4 GTA5/TLoU + 3. 3DS NSMB2 (Target: WiiU SM3DW)

CosmicSex said:
DJEVOLVE said:
zdra said:
I would imagine the sample size of people who actually got an xbox or ps4 is only like 20-30k. Since this site covers everything you can buy and out of 180k total receipts for all product i find it hard to believe more than 20% would be gaming machines

That is a very good poll, 10,000 is considered a very good poll number.

According to the reciepts only 1500 people submitted reciepts with console purchases.  I made some purchases but I don't use this app and don't know anyone who does. 

Then this would bring about some errors, A lot of poll results are done with 1,000 people or sources. However I'm not to sure about this app.

Around the Network

MS had to do A LOT to win a single month in their strongest market...all while getting horribly outsold in total sales. While that is great numbers for the X1 I'm still not convinced its the great victory that people are claiming.

generic-user-1 said:
DJEVOLVE said:
zdra said:
I would imagine the sample size of people who actually got an xbox or ps4 is only like 20-30k. Since this site covers everything you can buy and out of 180k total receipts for all product i find it hard to believe more than 20% would be gaming machines

10k isnt a good poll if its not randomised

You don't think random people uploading their reciepts is not random? LOL

That's pretty random and I bet from all over the country. However I'm being told the sample was 1,500, which is over the average.

DJEVOLVE said:
CosmicSex said:
DJEVOLVE said:
zdra said:

According to the reciepts only 1500 people submitted reciepts with console purchases.  I made some purchases but I don't use this app and don't know anyone who does. 

Then this would bring about some errors, A lot of poll results are done with 1,000 people or sources. However I'm not to sure about this app.

calling 1000 people randomly is a good sample, a app, not so much.

cfin2987@gmail.com said:

Sorry, I was looking at ww. Still though, the 360 wasn't even 2:1 over the pa3 last week. Now they claim its 9:1?

They just used those 1500 reciepts gaming related, it just happens only 1% got the ps3 from those.

Also 360 had better deals as far as I know than ps3, and is the mainstream console of that gen(and cheaper). 360 always did great on BF.

Around the Network
DJEVOLVE said:
generic-user-1 said:
DJEVOLVE said:
zdra said:

10k isnt a good poll if its not randomised

You don't think random people uploading their reciepts is not random? LOL

That's pretty random and I bet from all over the country. However I'm being told the sample was 1,500, which is over the average.

its not pretty random.

the method is bad and they should feel bad, its like going on instagram for a food study...

My money is still on the PS4. I just cant bet against it. It seemingly had more stock and still is being sold out. Some makeshift market analysis apps a d anecdotal evidences will not change my mind. ill be back to eat crow if the revers is true but at this point I just dont see it.

can't we all get along and just wait for the numbers?

MS might win the NPD but PS4 has easily won November. Its total sales are ridiculous

ijustlikegames:) said:
MS might win the NPD but PS4 has easily won November. Its total sales are ridiculous

This...Can you imagine what will happen on VGC/GAF and with MS' PR, if they win BF and NPD, on the contingency that Sony's several day sales (due to channel stuffing supply) were much greater and only show up in early December? With the NPD cutoff and MS's BF deals, there's a very real possibility that they sold much faster and made the cutoffs.