By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - [INFO] Black Friday! X1 Dominates, Other Statistics! [Walmart/Target Top SKU's]1. X1 AC:U + 2. PS4 GTA5/TLoU + 3. 3DS NSMB2 (Target: WiiU SM3DW)

Leadified said:
manny10032 said:
Came here to post last BF numbers got beat. This is not very accurate. Let's just wait for NPD

I thought from last month's thread that we won't be getting anymore numbers?

yeah, but we always knows how wins almost right away

Around the Network

gta 5 at #17? lol ok

Lord have mercy, that's an abysmal market share for Wii U. So it didn't even outsell the 360?!? Geez, Nintendo blew it big time by not really announcing much for bundle deals until the very last minute. If they had announced a Smash bundle when the ads came out like the X1/PS4 bundles, it could have gone better than that at least for them. I'm so damn sick of them having no idea how to properly market a fantastic system. They deserve the weak sales at this point, even though the Wii U has turned into the best place to game right now. If they're not smart enough to figure out how to sell that though and compete with their competitors prices and deals, then why do they deserve success?

HyrulianScrolls said:

Lord have mercy, that's an abysmal market share for Wii U. So it didn't even outsell the 360?!? Geez, Nintendo blew it big time by not really announcing much for bundle deals until the very last minute. If they had announced a Smash bundle when the ads came out like the X1/PS4 bundles, it could have gone better than that at least for them. I'm so damn sick of them having no idea how to properly market a fantastic system. They deserve the weak sales at this point, even though the Wii U has turned into the best place to game right now. If they're not smart enough to figure out how to sell that though, then why do they deserve success?

Calm down.  These are projected numbers made by a small portion of people taking pictures of receipts.  They aren't representative numbers...

Jimbo1337 said:
HyrulianScrolls said:

Lord have mercy, that's an abysmal market share for Wii U. So it didn't even outsell the 360?!? Geez, Nintendo blew it big time by not really announcing much for bundle deals until the very last minute. If they had announced a Smash bundle when the ads came out like the X1/PS4 bundles, it could have gone better than that at least for them. I'm so damn sick of them having no idea how to properly market a fantastic system. They deserve the weak sales at this point, even though the Wii U has turned into the best place to game right now. If they're not smart enough to figure out how to sell that though, then why do they deserve success?

Calm down.  These are projected numbers made by a small portion of people taking pictures of receipts.  They aren't representative numbers...

Yeah, agree. and I dont mind actually who ever wins it's deserved, but the metodology that used by the research group used is not sciencetifically right

Around the Network
HyrulianScrolls said:

Lord have mercy, that's an abysmal market share for Wii U. So it didn't even outsell the 360?!? Geez, Nintendo blew it big time by not really announcing much for bundle deals until the very last minute. If they had announced a Smash bundle when the ads came out like the X1/PS4 bundles, it could have gone better than that at least for them. I'm so damn sick of them having no idea how to properly market a fantastic system. They deserve the weak sales at this point, even though the Wii U has turned into the best place to game right now. If they're not smart enough to figure out how to sell that though and compete with their competitors prices and deals, then why do they deserve success?

I wouldn't take the numbers too seriously. Sample is pretty small so the margin of error is big enough for the Wii U to be above the 360.

Jimbo1337 said:
HyrulianScrolls said:

Yeah I just saw that it looks like it could be not very trustworthy or just a really small sample. Still worries me though. I know Nintendo didn't do a good job competing with the bundle deals at all this year, so I'm afraid something like this will actually happen.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

"To get this data, InfoScout uses two smartphone apps that reward consumers for uploading their purchases by taking pictures of their receipts."

I was kinda hoping it was more like they were talking to retailers or something and thats how they got the data instead of just random people taking pictures of their receipts and uploading it. But oh well, impressive none the less

Agreed, ill wait for actual ndp, big assumptions off of inaccurate methods of measurement here

HollyGamer said:
Jimbo1337 said:

Yeah, agree. and I dont mind actually who ever wins it's deserved, but the metodology that used by the research group used is not sciencetifically right

Last year their BF numbers were off about 2-9% from VGC's week of Nov 30th numbers (higher the percent the more error), average is around 6-7% I think? I expect to see something like that when we get a chart update.

Last year [Info] said that Xbox One outsold the PS4 by over 2:1. A few weeks later NPD happened and we found out that PS4 sold more than the Xbox One on Black Friday.

But this year I trust [Info] who is using the same methods.  At least the gap is smaller.