By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - [INFO] Black Friday! X1 Dominates, Other Statistics! [Walmart/Target Top SKU's]1. X1 AC:U + 2. PS4 GTA5/TLoU + 3. 3DS NSMB2 (Target: WiiU SM3DW)

Leadified said:
manny10032 said:
Came here to post last BF numbers got beat. This is not very accurate. Let's just wait for NPD

I thought from last month's thread that we won't be getting anymore numbers?

We probably won't get numbers, but we will know who wins and we may even get a ballpark of the margin.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
DialgaMarine said:
I'm confused at the Last BF chart. It list PS4 as #4, yet it was #1 in the NPD?

Why confused? BF chart is one week, Npd is the whole month, including Ps4 and Xb one launch weeks which came before BF. 

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
DialgaMarine said:
I'm confused at the Last BF chart. It list PS4 as #4, yet it was #1 in the NPD?

Why confused? BF chart is one week, Npd is the whole month, including Ps4 and Xb one launch weeks which came before BF. 

Just at how poorly it's saying the PS4 did on BF last year. OBviously it didn't represent the whole NPD, but BF week is by far the biggest week every November. If the PS4 lost so badly to the XBone on BF, you'd think it would've gotten destroyed in the overall NPD, regardless of well it did the previous weeks.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

So XB1 won on a small amount of data from just two stores, both of which it was obvious XB1 would do well at with the gift cards. If XB1 has won it deserves congratulations but I'm not giving any based on poor data

This is all interesting.. I can't personally wait until the numbers start appearing!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Arent these the same people that declared XB1 domination last black Friday by like 70% of all consoles sold? But I guess MS fanboys are desperate for a bit of good news

DialgaMarine said:
binary solo said:

Just at how poorly it's saying the PS4 did on BF last year. OBviously it didn't represent the whole NPD, but BF week is by far the biggest week every November. If the PS4 lost so badly to the XBone on BF, you'd think it would've gotten destroyed in the overall NPD, regardless of well it did the previous weeks.

Under normal circumstances that would be right. But that November PS4 sold over 1 million on its launch week so it was not a normal November for PS4 or Xb one. PS4 was severely supply constrained on BF last year and VGC has it only selling 133K for the week. Xb one did well but it didn't do amazingly either with 317K.

Jimi Hendrix

Scientifically accurate stuff

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

What sort of post-black Friday PR do the big 3 usually release anyway? Like specific #'s or what?

Xevross said:

So XB1 won on a small amount of data from just two stores, both of which it was obvious XB1 would do well at with the gift cards. If XB1 has won it deserves congratulations but I'm not giving any based on poor data

Yep. The title of the Thread looks like the usual MS PR, misleading.    

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.