By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First 30 minutes of Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric

Tagged games:

This game reminds me of those typical tie-in videogames based on movies. Like the Green Lantern one, for example.

Around the Network
uran10 said:

How does it look bad to you? It looks pretty good to me. I've never really played a sonic game and I quite enjoy games like this. Is there any specific reason to why it looks bad to you?

Framerate issues, combat appears poorly thought out in general.

Looks terrible. Since OP asked for examples of poor game design, I'll offer this one -- from 6:50 to 8:50 the players are told to "explore the area." As if it was difficult to follow the single, narrow path available for "exploration," the game is sure to lead you straight through the segment with a trail of rings. Thanks, game. This is a lot of fun.

Doesn't look bad to me; it won't win any prizes for graphics technology or gameplay innovation, but it seems to be decent fun in the vein of Jak and Daxter or Racket and Clank.

That running section to start the game looked like garbage from a cinematic and a gameplay perspective...

Looks better than Sonic 06, but not enough to make it actually worth buying

Around the Network

Oh Sonic, when will they stop digging up your corpse and sodomizing you.

Looks pretty boring. 2D segments were uninspired, combat looks incredibly dull. It's level 1, so there's a chance of it getting better, but so far, meh.

Doesn't look good. Reviews will probably be worse than Knack.

Unintentional reference to Sonic '06 from part 2:

Reviewers are gonna tear this to shreds.
I might still buy it, but it has all the hallmarks of a critical crucifixion.

This game is a joke.
As a Sonic game, probably worse than Shadow the Hedgehog, better than Sonic 06, which is at the very least faster than this game.
As a game in general, looks like Knack with Sonic Unleashed (Wii) speed sections, the whole 3 lanes auto run shebang crap but its not even as fun as Secret Rings which was even shit as well.
Kids ill eat it up though, as long as it has the show advertising it, because it features Sonic and it looks hella easy.

Also peeved at how stupid they made Knuckles. He is a hothead, but he is far from an idiot.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank