By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First 30 minutes of Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric

Tagged games:

Wow the framerate is crappy (you can tell even tho he says you cant probably tell because of youtube)
And textures look meh.
But its nice that everyone has his own screen in coop.

I dont really care if the graphics are meg but the framerate is killing every last hope I had for that game.

Around the Network
JazzB1987 said:
Wow the framerate is crappy (you can tell even tho he says you cant probably tell because ofr youtube)
And textures look meh.

If the graphics are not so good i dont really care but the framerate killing every last hope I had for that game.

co op that uses gamepad and TV kill framerate and resolution. Just like Hyrule warriors this one does the same. The single player experience will play better.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

I had a look at the video and yeah it doesn't look great. For reasons unknown, Sega don't seem to be able (or want) to pull Sonic out of 90's gameplay mechanics. It just looks so dated and it's not even out yet.

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M

That looks horrible.

Panama said:
As one of 10 people that willingly bought Sonic Lost World at launch and enjoyed it, this game is looking like a bargain binner.

Hey, i'm one of the other ten!

What ever happened to the fifth guy?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

It looks quite unremarkable, but at least it seems playable.

At least it's a retro-style 3D platformer, those are pretty rare these days.

It does look bad though. Sloppy controls with weak mechanics and nauseating camera work. And the graphics, god I mean I'm not someone to bitch over the graphics primarily but at the very least I'd expect some improvement in the look and performance of games generation over generation. The textures are terrible and the game as a whole looks bad both technically and esthetically even for last gen.

saw a bit of this yesterday and one thing that came to mind is that they lack real time shadows which I'm sure I saw in some other video

also Sonic should take a rest for a while

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I guess Nintendo wasted its Sonic exclusives for home consoles this generation. At least Sonic Lost World was made. I enjoyed the demo so I might buy that Sonic game eventually.

No reviews yet? When a game developer is confident in his product they end the review embargo a week or more before the release of the game.