By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First 30 minutes of Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric

Tagged games:

Ugh... Why.... PEOPLE ACTUALLY FUCKING LIKED GENERATIONS. Sure, reviews weren't perfect, but they were a hell of a lot better than reviews for the games prior to the Unleashed Day/Colors play style. And it sold well for a AAA home console platformer not named Mario. Why, why, why, why, WHY!?

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

Around the Network

As one of 10 people that willingly bought Sonic Lost World at launch and enjoyed it, this game is looking like a bargain binner.

It doesn't look terrible, it just looks unremarkable.

I want more Sonic Generations.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I'm still gonna get it.

Meh, seems like your typical tv series/movie tie in game. Seems to have a bit more of a budget but not really. I was expecting more from ex Naughty Dog people, but I'm guessing Sega just wanted this out and not spend more money on the sinking Wii U any more than they have to. After this, the three deal game is done and they'll abandon the Wii U. Still, unless things have changed with the PS4/XBO I can't see new Sonic selling any better than last gen on those platforms, especially considering their budget for the current gen consoles will likely be higher.

It's named Sonic so it'll be judged as a Sonic game so it'll be reviewed very badly. A bit unfair but them's the breaks.

I've seen people say this is worse than Sonic 06. And yeah from these videos and other videos I'm not seeing that.

Around the Network

Looks like another Sonic game that could've been good but will be trash due to incredibly dumb design choices.

I feel like the design of this game really doesn't mesh well with what Sonic is.

There were sections of Jak & Daxter gameplay that... honestly looked really boring. And then there were sections of Sonic gameplay that also looked really boring. I don't think it's really hitting either potential fanbase here.

A mishmash of ratchet and clank and temple run. Looks average. SEGA isn't good enough to make a decent sonic game.

Areym said:
There is no pleasing sonic fans, one way or the other. Looks alright.

That's what I picked up from the comment sections on both parts and from these guys here. I feel sorry for Sega. (Considering that they didn't make it yet they get all the heat)

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

curl-6 said:
Framerate issues in TV-Gamepad splitscreen co-op aren't surprising, Hyrule Warriors had this issue too.
I want to know if it runs smoothly in single player.

One of the guys said he had no issues with frame rate in single player so I'm guessing its a steady framerate in single player. A lot of people seem to forget that it takes a lot for the TV and Gamepad split screen coop. Until we get the next nintendo console there wont be a steady frame rate.. even the next conosle might not pull it off. I'm also guessing that the resolution decreases like HW in coop mode as well.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD