By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First 30 minutes of Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric

Tagged games:

This game looks bad. Nintendo got hardcore robbed in the exclusivity deal, Sega put out 3 mediocre/bad Sonic games in a row. And all they had to do was make another Generations-style game...

NNID: TheCCluc

Around the Network

Not as bad as i was expecting, but still mediocre.
Looks like the battle is dull, the exploration is limited, the plataforming basic. I could be wrong of course, let's wait for the reviews.

I could see myself buying it at a very small price during a drought... maybe.

There is no pleasing sonic fans, one way or the other. Looks alright.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
This game is a joke.
As a Sonic game, probably worse than Shadow the Hedgehog, better than Sonic 06, which is at the very least faster than this game.
As a game in general, looks like Knack with Sonic Unleashed (Wii) speed sections, the whole 3 lanes auto run shebang crap but its not even as fun as Secret Rings which was even shit as well.
Kids ill eat it up though, as long as it has the show advertising it, because it features Sonic and it looks hella easy.

Also peeved at how stupid they made Knuckles. He is a hothead, but he is far from an idiot.

Gullible is not stupid, though it is indeed easy to confuse the two.

I may pick this up way down the line, when i have more money and Wii U hits that end-life drought that every Nintendo console runs into.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Framerate issues in TV-Gamepad splitscreen co-op aren't surprising, Hyrule Warriors had this issue too.
I want to know if it runs smoothly in single player.

Around the Network

People seem to be negative about this. I guess not even Naughty Dog and Insomniac veterans can make a good Sonic game...

Mr Khan said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
This game is a joke.
As a Sonic game, probably worse than Shadow the Hedgehog, better than Sonic 06, which is at the very least faster than this game.
As a game in general, looks like Knack with Sonic Unleashed (Wii) speed sections, the whole 3 lanes auto run shebang crap but its not even as fun as Secret Rings which was even shit as well.
Kids ill eat it up though, as long as it has the show advertising it, because it features Sonic and it looks hella easy.

Also peeved at how stupid they made Knuckles. He is a hothead, but he is far from an idiot.

Gullible is not stupid, though it is indeed easy to confuse the two.

I may pick this up way down the line, when i have more money and Wii U hits that end-life drought that every Nintendo console runs into.

Knuckles had to look at his fingers to tell the difference between left and right and that was basically at the beginning of the lets play. They've turned him into a sterotypical all brawn no brains type.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Yea, have to agree. I couldn't care less about Knuckles redesign, but if he really is that dumb i am going to have a problem with the game.

Everthing is so poorly done, even the commentary.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

It seems like a TV show tie in game more than a game aimed at the base.