By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'll take Zelda And Mario over Call of Duty, Reggie says.

RolStoppable said:
Fusioncode said:
Boy with this sort of attitude I wonder why Nintendo can't get 3rd party support. I'm sure when Activision execs see this quote they're just going to line up at Nintendo HQ begging to work on their platform.

"I would love to have Call of Duty.", you consider that a reason for Activision to be angry at Nintendo?

You think that's the quote they're going to notice?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:

You think that's the quote they're going to notice?

Activision isn't filled with a bunch of tunneled visioned forum go-ers. The context and everything that he says, is all that he can say in his shoes and position.

Reggie also said that he would love to have CoD on Nintendo platformers.. Heh.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

The King's in this industry are the companies who own rock solid ip. Ninteno is positioned really well no matter what the future brings due to their diverse portfolio. Activision is ok. EA is looking really good. It's companies like Micorosoft and Sony who are in scarier positions. They need to assume that Steam box fails and PC doesn't continue to grow to be successfull.

Even though having a game like COD could help your system more units...?

Around the Network

I would too but the casuals love cod so..

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I'd rather have a collector's edition of the big Nintendo games Reggie!

i too take mario and zelda over any FPS but the problem is that i nearly take any other game over mario and zelda games as well.

I would prefer Zelda, but not Mario, over CoD. But I prefer Uncharted, Tlou, God of War, Sinister, Buzz (I hope we get another Buzz) and more besides over Zelda. And having CoD present on PS doesn't at all diminish the unique content PS has on offer. What it does do is greatly increase the user base, which as Reggie says, allows more games to sell well.

Good on Nintendo for swimming in its own pool. it's up to them to make others see that thier pool is the best to swim in, but they are not doing a very good job of it.

Whether Nintendo can forget about the console wars and develop a business model where selling about 20 million consoles per generation is decently profitable is an interesting question. A small but stable and profitable niche is actually a pretty good place to be. Especially if you can all but ignore the competition. The less you have to actively compete the better. A product that sells itself is best of all.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Who wouldn't take their first party games over CoD? MS I'm sure would take Halo and Gears over CoD (luckily they get all 3) Sony would take Uncharted and Gran Turismo over CoD (again luckily they get all 3) so he doesn't really have much of a point.