By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'll take Zelda And Mario over Call of Duty, Reggie says.

binary solo said:
I would prefer Zelda, but not Mario, over CoD. But I prefer Uncharted, Tlou, God of War, Sinister, Buzz (I hope we get another Buzz) and more besides over Zelda. And having CoD present on PS doesn't at all diminish the unique content PS has on offer. What it does do is greatly increase the user base, which as Reggie says, allows more games to sell well.

Good on Nintendo for swimming in its own pool. it's up to them to make others see that thier pool is the best to swim in, but they are not doing a very good job of it.

Whether Nintendo can forget about the console wars and develop a business model where selling about 20 million consoles per generation is decently profitable is an interesting question. A small but stable and profitable niche is actually a pretty good place to be. Especially if you can all but ignore the competition. The less you have to actively compete the better. A product that sells itself is best of all.

You get CoD every year. Mario 3D platformers come every 3 years perhaps. Even longer for Zelda games. Unless you also mean all the spin-offs, then we get Mario titles every year, but they're totally different games, so it doesn't matter.

Around the Network

Poor Reggie, insulting third parties he doesn't have one at a time

He's a puppet. He does the best with what he has. He would have no power what-so-ever to being COD to Wii U no matter how badly he wanted it.

Deeds said:
Seece said:
Deeds said:
Seece said:
"Look at it from the standpoint of, what don’t they have? They don’t have our games. They don’t have Mario and Zelda."

And you don't have Sunset and Halo, or Bloodborne and Uncharted ... on top of not having third party!

I don't blame him tho, PR 101.

PR? It doesnt sound like PR. It sounds like he is giving [particularly western] third party devs a scolding, letting them know, "We dont need you." *EDIT* Which is somewhat strange because Nintendo never needed them. Maybe he is frustrated at being asked the same thing over and over.

Sales would suggest WiiU and Nintendo need third parties badly.

The previous generation's winner and the fact that Nintendo is [now] swimming in money proves otherwise.

The NES and SNES were popular because they were the PS2 of their time. One could argue that without third party support from the get go, there wouldn't BE a Wii or Wii-U.

So would i, to be honest.

Especially Zelda.

Around the Network

Call of Duty has gone downhill since Modern Warfare 2... it's an arena shooter

ps3-sales! said:
 I'd prefer games such as Mario/Zelda that don't come out every flippin' year. 

New Super Mario Bros. - 2006

Super Mario Galaxy - 2007

New Super Mario Bros. Wii - 2009

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - 2010

Super Mario 3D land - 2011

New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 2012

New Super Mario Bros. U - 2012

Super Mario 3D World - 2013

I think it's safe to say Nintendo does the same with Mario.

I've heard good things about the new COD to be honest, but I don't want to spend full price on it. Maybe in 4-8 months when its discounted I'll pick it up. Ditto for Destiny perhaps.

But Reggie is just saying what every good PR person would say.

What about Battlefield, Far Cry, Assassin's Creed, Grand Theft Auto, Shadow of Mordor, The Crew, Dragon Age, and Destiny?

Stupid comment is stupid. Having more games is a good thing, nothing less.

Reggie said this? I'm shocked.