By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bayonetta 2: launch trailer + DEMO OUT NOW

Tagged games:

d21lewis said:

Anyway, I played it last night. Game was a blast. A bit more colorful but I'm willing to bet that a lot of people wouldn't be able to tell which was Bayonetta 1 and Bayonetta 2 if you put them side by side. B2 isn't graphically much of an improvement over the original and it actually looked pretty jaggy. Doesn't matter though. The first Bayonetta was one of my absolute favorite games of the 7th gen and that was just because of its gameplay (story was crap and graphics were "meh"). I loved that game and I fully expect to love the new one even more.

ah I actually thought it looked good but I was playing and viewing on the wii u pad.  It does have that crazy wow factor to it and actually was impressed with the demo but I haven't completed the first game yet.  I found there was too many frustrating moments to make me go back and finish it..

So I am undecided on this but graphically I was impressed and the controls are tight.  Nintendo needs to do away with the no. of tries left on their demos.

Around the Network
cfin2987@gmail.com said:

After many years of selling laptops, I came to this controversial conclusion. Although Toshiba harddrives are common across the board, they are horrible. Don't buy a toshiba harddrive EVER!!

I have also had a few friends who experienced issues with toshiba potable HD's. Your second shot might be just unlucky though. Next time but it from somewhere you can return it if it doesn't work for you. Maybe bestbuy?

I still have receipt and it's only 10 days old. I believe I can take it back. What kind of HDD would you recommend?

cannonballZ said:
cfin2987@gmail.com said:

After many years of selling laptops, I came to this controversial conclusion. Although Toshiba harddrives are common across the board, they are horrible. Don't buy a toshiba harddrive EVER!!

I have also had a few friends who experienced issues with toshiba potable HD's. Your second shot might be just unlucky though. Next time but it from somewhere you can return it if it doesn't work for you. Maybe bestbuy?

I still have receipt and it's only 10 days old. I believe I can take it back. What kind of HDD would you recommend?

I have always used a WD passport for my external, but I am not sure if that would work on the Wii U at all??  (unfortunately). I'm not sure what spec is required for that re a dedicated power source. I believe the Wii U may not be able to detect whether the power is on, on the device, so the harddrive would shut off without its own dedicated power sourse.

I know that the WD power book or WD element works with the Wii U, but they are quite pricey. $99+ on the official site for the book w/ the elements on newegg and other places for about $64 but buy it from best buy so you can return if their is an issue. power book  is actually under 100 at bestbuy right now when I googled it. (I have noticed that their is always a certain % of any product that is faulty and with hard drives, the % is quite high no matter who the producer is. WD have never failed on me though for external use.

that demo was sick!! missed the 1st one. Can't wait till the 24th! Those sets were awesome! Did anyone else who played w101 feel like she was going to yell "wonderrrrr jump!"?

I started playing the demo, realized I needed to go buy a Wii U Pro controller, and dropped everything to go to Best Buy. They had a few of them fresh in to get ready for Bayo 2 lol.

Sat there literally exclaiming WOW! every few seconds at how good it felt while I wasted an unhealthy amount of time on the combo tutorial. I've never played a game that felt so good to control in my entire life.

So far I suck at it, my highest being gold. It's going to take a while to get used to the pro controller layout, familiarize myself with the combos, and unlearn DMC mechanics.

Is it weird that I love games I'm bad at? It takes me so long to get capable in Character Action Games thanks to my "stupid fingers" but I just love the damn things.

Around the Network
Experimental42 said:

Is it weird that I love games I'm bad at?

No.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Thanks for the demo, Nintendo.

I've got to be honest....it's been a while since a game bored me this much right out of the gate. I only played the NYC train mission and I was just happy to die so it could be over. Too much movement, and not enough of it seemed impactful. The music in the background made me want to quit more than anything. I can't imagine there being anything to this game other than what I've seen so far in the demo. I doubt there will be any exploration or platforming. As of this moment I feel like I just saved myself $60. Phew!

All that being said, I'm glad you guys are enjoying it. I'm glad it's coming to WiiU and that the lineup on the system is getting more diversified. But really these kind of games are why I haven't been a fan of the other consoles and why it bothers me so much when people what Nintendo to do what Sony or Microsoft do.

Experimental42 said:
I started playing the demo, realized I needed to go buy a Wii U Pro controller, and dropped everything to go to Best Buy. They had a few of them fresh in to get ready for Bayo 2 lol.

Sat there literally exclaiming WOW! every few seconds at how good it felt while I wasted an unhealthy amount of time on the combo tutorial. I've never played a game that felt so good to control in my entire life.

So far I suck at it, my highest being gold. It's going to take a while to get used to the pro controller layout, familiarize myself with the combos, and unlearn DMC mechanics.

Is it weird that I love games I'm bad at? It takes me so long to get capable in Character Action Games thanks to my "stupid fingers" but I just love the damn things.

Heck no! For example, I'm not a great Counter-Strike player, but I still love the game so much!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

super_etecoon said:
Thanks for the demo, Nintendo.

I've got to be honest....it's been a while since a game bored me this much right out of the gate. I only played the NYC train mission and I was just happy to die so it could be over. Too much movement, and not enough of it seemed impactful. The music in the background made me want to quit more than anything. I can't imagine there being anything to this game other than what I've seen so far in the demo. I doubt there will be any exploration or platforming. As of this moment I feel like I just saved myself $60. Phew!

All that being said, I'm glad you guys are enjoying it. I'm glad it's coming to WiiU and that the lineup on the system is getting more diversified. But really these kind of games are why I haven't been a fan of the other consoles and why it bothers me so much when people what Nintendo to do what Sony or Microsoft do.

Character Action Games get better the less platforming they have. This is coming from the platformer snob himself. If you don't like LOOKING AWESOME or MASTERING COMBAT then the genre just isn't for you.

d21lewis said:

A bit more colorful but I'm willing to bet that a lot of people wouldn't be able to tell which was Bayonetta 1 and Bayonetta 2 if you put them side by side. B2 isn't graphically much of an improvement over the original 

I thought the difference was pretty obvious. Besides the more colourful style, the scale and detail has been noticeably jacked up.