By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bayonetta 2: launch trailer + DEMO OUT NOW

Tagged games:

Played the demo. Great. One thing. Why on earth is the gamepad needed to boot the game. But the moment you get to the main menu it doesn't care anymore. What is that? Nintendo trolling people who don't want to to use the pad or something. I don't get nonsense like that.

Around the Network
archer9234 said:

Played the demo. Great. One thing. Why on earth is the gamepad needed to boot the game. But the moment you get to the main menu it doesn't care anymore. What is that? Nintendo trolling people who don't want to to use the pad or something. I don't get nonsense like that.

What? My pro controller boots the game just fine? I didn't need to use the gamepad at all

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
archer9234 said:

What? My pro controller boots the game just fine? I didn't need to use the gamepad at all

When I started the game from the menu with the pad disabled. It told me to connect it. Then I shut it off after the menu loaded. MK 8 doesn't do that, for example. I can load from the pro controller with the pad's power fully cut.

Is it me or do you get less points when using whipes and swords? Why?

archer9234 said:
archer9234 said:

When I started the game from the menu with the pad disabled. It told me to connect it. Then I shut it off after the menu loaded. MK 8 doesn't do that, for example. I can load from the pro controller with the pad off.

Hmm, not sure about the bad being disabled by on my side, I booted the wiiU from my pro controller and then went into the game with the pro controller and just played with the pro controller without having to touch the gamepad at all

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
archer9234 said:
archer9234 said:

When I started the game from the menu with the pad disabled. It told me to connect it. Then I shut it off after the menu loaded. MK 8 doesn't do that, for example. I can load from the pro controller with the pad off.

Hmm, not sure about the bad being disabled by on my side, I booted the wiiU from my pro controller and then went into the game with the pro controller and just played with the pro controller without having to touch the gamepad at all

Yeah. The systems not gonna care if the pad is active. And you boot from the pro controller. It causes this stupidness for people who have the pad actually powered off. Nintendo put in a useless pad check for no reason.

After my second playthrough of the demo, this about sums up my experience with it.

Seriously though, it's fantastic. Combat feels just as smooth as ever, the game runs great, it looks better than the first game by a mile, and it seems to have more personality to boot. That demo just served to get me more hyped for the full release. October 24th can't come any sooner!

NNID: TheCCluc

Should I DL and play the demo if I haven't played Bayo 1? Other than to see if I'll like it. I'd hate for a demo to spoil the first game for me.

Bofferbrauer said:

2 questions about your external HDD: Which one are you using and does it have an external power supply?

I am using the Toshiba Hdd recommended by Nintendo on their website, and yes it does have a power supply. No, its not the wii u, as I have said before I just got it back from Nintendo last month. They said there was nothing wrong with it, I am inclined to believe them over some one on these forums. I did buy a new HDD as they recommended and transfered all my files over. But the problem still persists.

The wii u never freezes without the HDD connected, it has something to do with the way it's communicating with the HDD.

super_etecoon said:
Should I DL and play the demo if I haven't played Bayo 1? Other than to see if I'll like it. I'd hate for a demo to spoil the first game for me.

The demo is the same stages the treehouse live stream showed. The NYC train and empire state fight.