By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bayonetta 2: launch trailer + DEMO OUT NOW

Tagged games:

Cant wait to get a Wiiu.

Around the Network
archer9234 said:
super_etecoon said:
Should I DL and play the demo if I haven't played Bayo 1? Other than to see if I'll like it. I'd hate for a demo to spoil the first game for me.

The demo is the same stages the treehouse live stream showed. The NYC train and empire state fight.

k..thanks.  Looking forward to dling this.  Now  hopefully we'll get a demo for Hyrule Warriors.

cannonballZ said:
Bofferbrauer said:

2 questions about your external HDD: Which one are you using and does it have an external power supply?

I am using the Toshiba Hdd recommended by Nintendo on their website, and yes it does have a power supply. No, its not the wii u, as I have said before I just got it back from Nintendo last month. They said there was nothing wrong with it, I am inclined to believe them over some one on these forums. I did buy a new HDD as they recommended and transfered all my files over. But the problem still persists.

The wii u never freezes without the HDD connected, it has something to do with the way it's communicating with the HDD.

If it was the OS, it would also do it when your external drive is disconnected. My guess is it's a problem with the firmware of your HDD. If that's the case there ain't much you can do (upgrade the firmware on a pc, but I'm not sure if that update persists after getting reformatted for the Wii U) and certainly nothing Nintendo can do about it.

curl-6 said:
Just finished playing through the demo.
It's the E3 2013 one, if anybody's wondering. The game's prologue.

And wow.
Playing in person this is worlds apart from a compressed 30fps youtube video. It looks gorgeous and plays like a dream, but most importantly, that sense of frantic, untamed thrill that defined the original is back with a vengeance.

Will playing this demo take away from my experience playing the first bayonneta? As I haven't played the first one.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Bofferbrauer said:

If it was the OS, it would also do it when your external drive is disconnected. My guess is it's a problem with the firmware of your HDD. If that's the case there ain't much you can do (upgrade the firmware on a pc, but I'm not sure if that update persists after getting reformatted for the Wii U) and certainly nothing Nintendo can do about it.

That may be the case but it's certainly a Nintendo problem as well. I am using an HDD that is recommended by them, and it still doesn't work properly with it. And for some reason, with every other update the problem goes away and then returns with the following update. 

Maybe if Nintendo gave wii u more HD space on the consoe or at least made Nintendo brande hard drives that are more compatible then this wouldn't be a problem. I have switched HDD's 3x due too their recommendations and telling me it's the HDD not the updates. 

Around the Network
benji232 said:
curl-6 said:

And wow.
Playing in person this is worlds apart from a compressed 30fps youtube video. It looks gorgeous and plays like a dream, but most importantly, that sense of frantic, untamed thrill that defined the original is back with a vengeance.

Will playing this demo take away from my experience playing the first bayonneta? As I haven't played the first one.

I don't think so, unless you expect the first game to have the same level of graphics and scale as the second one.

As long as you bear in mind that the first game's older and made on less powerful hardware, you'll be fine I reckon.

Yafea said:
Looks awesome. Thank god my sister got a wiiu this summer. I guess I'm going to occupy it when this comes out

Haha yeah, this is the plus side of having siblings, now that my brother's sharing a flat with me, I similarly have access to his PS3. ;)

benji232 said:
curl-6 said:

And wow.

I played it and I never touched Bayo 1. Nothing is spoiled. All I saw was Bayo's friend get captured and she rescued her. That's it.

Just finished the demo, nice and fluid. I was already sold on the game but now I'm looking forward to it more.

archer9234 said:
benji232 said:
curl-6 said:

And wow.

I played it and I never touched Bayo 1. Nothing is spoiled. All I saw was Bayo's friend get captured and she rescued her. That's it.

But if you didn't play the first one, that is something of a spoiler.....