By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Anti-Nintendo trolling tactics.

Tagged games:

Is Nintendo childish by publishing these games?

YES! THANK YOU SO MUCH FO... 44 28.57%

NOOOOOOOOO! F*#% TROLLS!!!!!!!!! 110 71.43%

Total:154

I'm happy to see that thematic maturity is becoming more sought-after than aesthetically perceived maturity. Now these gamers will be able to appreciate excellent, thematically rich titles such as The Wind Waker and Pikmin.

Around the Network

It's funny, I said that the Wii U has only kiddy games because around 6/25 exclusive retail games are mature. Sort of the opposite.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

small44 said:
ninjaman003 said:
small44 said:
Bayonetta 2, Fatal Frame V, or Devil's Third did not sell that well ,Nintendo fans buy less mature game then Sony and Microsoft fans
Playstation had also some childish games but it doesn’t mean it's an childish consoles because those games does not sell well

Did you know that Devil's Third litterally sold 0 copies. It might have to do with the fact that it's not out yet.

I didn't know

Then why did you post?

I read books and watch movies for mature story telling. I just don't see games as a good medium for story telling compared to books and movies.

I play Nintendo games for mature gameplay experiences. Nintendo games are 'mature' in the sense of a fine wine or cheese. On a pure gameplay level they have been given time and love that few others receive.

Ignore is the answer.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
small44 said:
ninjaman003 said:
small44 said:
Bayonetta 2, Fatal Frame V, or Devil's Third did not sell that well ,Nintendo fans buy less mature game then Sony and Microsoft fans
Playstation had also some childish games but it doesn’t mean it's an childish consoles because those games does not sell well

Did you know that Devil's Third litterally sold 0 copies. It might have to do with the fact that it's not out yet.

I didn't know

Then why did you post?

because i want it

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

nintendo is childish because people say it is.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

NintendoPie said:
You weren't reading YouTube comments, right? I fear for you if so.

NAH, I was reading Gaming website articles AND YouTube comments.

the_dengle said:
I'm happy to see that thematic maturity is becoming more sought-after than aesthetically perceived maturity. Now these gamers will be able to appreciate excellent, thematically rich titles such as The Wind Waker and Pikmin.

This. While not a video game, Avatar: The Last Airbender is a prime example of how you can achieve thematic maturity while being aesthetically "kiddie". It's just really unfortunate that the Wii U is being stigmatized as being a "kiddie" console when it really isn't.

XanderXT said:

So while checking the comments of Ninendo related articles and videos, I noticed something preculiar. When a troll said that Nintendo was kiddy, and someone countered him with Bayonetta 2, Fatal Frame V, or Devil's Third, they claimed those games were immature.

Apparently, the partial nudity of Bayonetta 2, the boob physics od Fatal Frame V, and the brutality of Devil's Third were all childish. Apparently, to be mature, a game had to have a good story like The Last Of Us and Bioshock Infinite.

What's reaction to these kinds of comments? Reply below.

Without context, you might be referring to a situation where some of the more radical Nintendo fans have backed themselves into a corner and are now being called to task for it.

It wasn't so long ago that some of these Nintendo fans would mock something like Bayonetta or Devil's Third for being immature and targeted toward adolescent boys.  We actually have a few on these forums who rage about "mature" games.  I think it's quite amusing that now they seem willing to allow some exceptions.

Of course, I also see a lot of people who pretend to confuse what the "mature" rating means.  It's obviously not a proclaimation that the game itself is mature but rather that it has content that might only be appropriate for mature audiences.  MASSIVE difference.  Because of that, I now either say "mature rating" or "M-rating" when I'm talking about that, otherwise the usual trolls will use that as an opening.