By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Forza Horizon 2 vs Driveclub: Which is the Better Exclusive Racer?

Am I the only person that seem to like the things that some people seem to dislike about DC?

Hit a wall... penalty, drive off the track... penalty. What is wrong with that. When I see people complain about that it just reads to me like they aren't adept gamers.

And this thing they say about driving anywhere?? Please I hope this just stops. So does this mean that the mainline Forza series or GT7 will get points knocked off them for not being open world? I would really love to see what these reviewers do then since apparently its now open world or bust.

Ah well, I have always like my games hard and challenging. Guess that puts me in a minority these days.

Around the Network
Arkaign said:
I am not crazy about either, but I dislike the non sim racers. So DC stands out as a tech wonder, but I wouldn't buy either. I want a real Forza or Gran Turismo. F5 was a letdown, and it was the main reason I returned the X1 last year. But I bet F6 will be excellent, and Gran Turismo 7 should be incredible. If one comes out earlier I'll lean towards that. Is it strange that The Crew now has a shot at outshining both DC and FH2? I'm just extremely underwhelmed by both of them in terms of content and quality. Both are held back by things that kill them for me in terms of buying a system or paying 60 bucks for.

I have faith in Forza6 but not good, it will be rushed and lack content and have to much hidden behined a pay wall.  Im confident on all those points.  MS greed will hold back F6 from becoming the incredable sim racer it could be.  

GT7 i dont know, IF PD screws up or will PS4 ease of dev and power pay of ten fold.  That and Kaz has become a wack job.  

NYCrysis said:

While complaining and quarraling none of you gave proper examples as to why one has better handling over the other. Blind, Broad, universal statements don't count.

H2 handling is disconnceted with the road and requires to much correction for inital imput.  What do you call that ? H2 cars float to much there is a lack of its stuck to the road till grip gaves out if you want more explenation.  

The bad handling In Horizon 2 is all in his mind.  99% of the people that played it have no problem with the handling and physics in the game.  If it really was a problem there would be a ton of people that would complain about it on YouTube and other websites. 

Chris Hu said:

The bad handling In Horizon 2 is all in his mind.  99% of the people that played it have no problem with the handling and physics in the game.  If it really was a problem there would be a ton of people that would complain about it on YouTube and other websites. 

Yes becasue they all went to racing schools and have thrown around sports cars on tracks, they are experts on automotive handling and not gaming nerds with no clue.  

Around the Network
Bullsrun said:
Chris Hu said:

Yes becasue they all went to racing schools and have thrown around sports cars on tracks, they are experts on automotive handling and not gaming nerds with no clue.  

Again your just a bad driver deal with it.  There a less then 1% of people that actually played the game for a good amound of time that complain about the handling and physics of the game and a majority of those are just bad drivers.

another win for xbox,must be the 40th win for the box i've seen in a couple of weeks on vgc,makes you wonder why the box is lagging in last place,can't be long i guess with win after win after fanboy win

I smell like the dark forest of Dwemereth in the morning mist                                                   fanboy til i'm bankrupt

Intrinsic said:
Am I the only person that seem to like the things that some people seem to dislike about DC?

Hit a wall... penalty, drive off the track... penalty. What is wrong with that. When I see people complain about that it just reads to me like they aren't adept gamers.

And this thing they say about driving anywhere?? Please I hope this just stops. So does this mean that the mainline Forza series or GT7 will get points knocked off them for not being open world? I would really love to see what these reviewers do then since apparently its now open world or bust.

Ah well, I have always like my games hard and challenging. Guess that puts me in a minority these days.

"Picture the scene. You're diving down an 18 per cent gradient hill along the banks of Loch Something-or-other, exhaust note screaming, tumbledown stone walls a blur as the speedometer ticks over 160mph. You're approaching a corner and billowing red flags on the right-hand side of the road warn that it's a severe left-hander, but the flatter you can make your racing line the more speed you can carry through it.

Spying a generous dusting of loose gravel on the apex, the 1000hz portion of your lizard brain that's dedicated to driving cars fast instinctively decides to drop two wheels on the dirt. At the very least it'll straighten the line through the bend and, if you're really lucky, you can even use some drag to help rotate the car for a swift exit.

Except you don't get your swift exit, because a giant, invisible hand has pinched the car's spoiler betwixt thumb and forefinger. You're dimly aware of a repetitive chiming sound as the speedo tumbles to 45mph. The DriveClub fun police have arrived, and this is their siren." -Eurogamer

Its not the penalty that is the problem, it is that the penalties are rigid and prevent creativity and essentially encourage you to drive along one route, that all the other vehicles are literally fighting over. The fact that an arcade-y game like this puts such severe restrictions on your driving, way more than anything you would hit in real life is silly... A much lighter, more realistic penalty alongside better AI would make the game feel more alive and dynamic and make the difficulty more akin to how well you can think on your feet as opposed to how good your car is statistically and how lucky you get that the AI doesn't do something stupid.

A lot of people these days are saying that difficulty is a positive thing and that anyone who complains about it just likes easy games, but they fail to recognize that there is a difference between good difficulty and bad difficulty. Good difficulty encourages the player to learn and improve throughout the game to be able to see better ways to complete their goal. Bad difficulty throws unavoidable/cheap penalties/obstructions at the player or forces them to grind excessively to complete the goal (aka, forces you to get better in game instead of out of the game). Driveclub's AI and penalty system pushes it into the range of "bad difficulty"...

And I just read the article again and realised that this guy seems to be trying extremely hard to not give any praise to DC at all, the category that DC wins is kinda brushed off, the Single Campaign is made into a tie because DC is shorter and the Sound category which DC would've apparently won as well (quote from the article: Driveclub has 55 cars at launch. Virtually all of them are European. Yes, they sound and look better than Forza Horizon 2‘s cars) is mysteriously absent.

I'm pretty sure most articles comparing the 2 games would've arrived at the same conclusion, but this article doesn't seem to try and be fair at all.

Chris Hu said:
Bullsrun said:
Chris Hu said:

Again your just a bad driver deal with it.  There a less then 1% of people that actually played the game for a good amound of time that complain about the handling and physics of the game and a majority of those are just bad drivers.

Majority playing are gaming nerds with no clue what good handling is, sorry kid thats just the truth.

H2 is a game for those people, shit handling they wouldnt even know it is as long as if fits their gamer ways.  H2 is set up for gamers not racers or car fans.  Its design meantality is is fakeish unrelasistic easy accesability.  From its hadling to its oversaturated graphics ro its douchy narrations for the lowest common individual.  

H2 is a game for bad drivers whiny gamers so they can feel they are good at it and enjoy its simplistic gameplay.