By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Forza Horizon 2 vs Driveclub: Which is the Better Exclusive Racer?

GTAexpert said:
Chris Hu said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Ashadian said:
A good fair comparison from GT!

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/lwhga1/driveclub-forza-horizon-2-vs-driveclub

was about to post this and its a shame no one will see it , its unbias comparison from a huge racing fan and one of the best reviewrs ou there.

The guy that reviewed both games for IGN isn't biased either and he pretty much gave both games the scores they deserved.

Have you read the review of Driveclub from IGN? They actually cut points due to it having mostly European cars. That tells me they have no clue about the world outside of USA, or about the fact that European supercars rock and American or Japanese supercars don't even compare whether in the number of models or the design.

They also cut points for the single-player lacking content, even though that was EXPECTED as the game is heavily multiplayer-oriented. You can't cut points from a multiplayer-oriented game for its lack of content in single player.

It mostly having European cars is on of its negative points but I highly doubt they actually subtracted a major amount of points in the final review because of that.  Also the guy that reviewed the game is from the UK so I highly doubt that he really has a major problem with the game mostly having only European cars.  By the time Horizon 2 is done with all its DLC the majority of its roster will be European cars also the first car pack is a pretty good indicator of that it has 5 cars from Europe and only one car from the US (although Jeep is technically a European car now since its owned by FIAT).

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
GTAexpert said:
Chris Hu said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Ashadian said:

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/lwhga1/driveclub-forza-horizon-2-vs-driveclub

was about to post this and its a shame no one will see it , its unbias comparison from a huge racing fan and one of the best reviewrs ou there.

The guy that reviewed both games for IGN isn't biased either and he pretty much gave both games the scores they deserved.

Have you read the review of Driveclub from IGN? They actually cut points due to it having mostly European cars. That tells me they have no clue about the world outside of USA, or about the fact that European supercars rock and American or Japanese supercars don't even compare whether in the number of models or the design.

They also cut points for the single-player lacking content, even though that was EXPECTED as the game is heavily multiplayer-oriented. You can't cut points from a multiplayer-oriented game for its lack of content in single player.

It mostly having European cars is on of its negative points but I highly doubt they actually subtracted a major amount of points in the final review because of that.  Also the guy that reviewed the game is from the UK so I highly doubt that he really has a major problem with the game mostly having only European cars.  By the time Horizon 2 is done with all its DLC the majority of its roster will be European cars also the first car pack is a pretty good indicator of that it has 5 cars from Europe and only one car from the US (although Jeep is technically a European car now since its owned by FIAT).

The above two points are the only negative points IGN gave, and I doubt they cut 2.1 points just due to the single-player not having enough content. So, the mostly European roster of cars was a major reason for the game getting a 7.9 from IGN.

Ashadian said:

I watched the video and it's pretty great.  Thanks for posting it.

BeElite said:

Wow the thread is funny in many ways most, i doubt anyone but me actually owns both and knows wtf a sports cars handling really is like.

Neither is sim, both feature fake unrealistic handling racing. I did 150miles in a 500hp Supra in the rain on grass in Horizon2. That is physically impossible. I can hit speeds in the rainy that are not possible with regular tires, you'd hydro plane way earlier.

Both are fake for the sake of game play, neither is like GT or reg forza.

Maybe i should make a thread comparing the two and how bad both really are.

On your FH2 example, did you turn off all assist and perform the same action or did you have all assist enabled.  Just wondering.

Machiavellian said:
BeElite said:

Wow the thread is funny in many ways most, i doubt anyone but me actually owns both and knows wtf a sports cars handling really is like.

Neither is sim, both feature fake unrealistic handling racing. I did 150miles in a 500hp Supra in the rain on grass in Horizon2. That is physically impossible. I can hit speeds in the rainy that are not possible with regular tires, you'd hydro plane way earlier.

On your FH2 example, did you turn off all assist and perform the same action or did you have all assist enabled.  Just wondering.

Yeah, the only way the cars in any Forza game handle horrible is when you turn all the assist off and play it with a controller. 

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
BeElite said:

default settings, neither is a game for assists off.  They are not sims.  

BeElite said:
Machiavellian said:
BeElite said:

default settings, neither is a game for assists off.  They are not sims.  

No they are not sims but FH2 gives you the option if you want a more realistic driving experience.