By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Forza Horizon 2 vs Driveclub: Which is the Better Exclusive Racer?

why there is no poll???
As Playstation fan i am gonna chose Forza H2 here :), but i will buy drive club anyway. and keeping my wish list Xbox one game on Forza H2. I must admit FH2 is better, except the graphic which is ugly and not representing current gen games.

Around the Network

I'll get FH2 eventually, it will be my first purchase with an XB1.

For now I'm instantly addicted to Drive Club. I just bought it this afternoon and apparently I've already driven over 300 miles. I'll be paying for that tomorrow, got to get out of bed in 4 hours :/ The cars handle great, difficulty is just right. It's definitely more sim than arcade with the faster cars. Early braking and careful acceleration through the corner while nudging the steering wheel is required to maintain control in tricky chicanes. I spent another hour doing a random time trial racing against myself through the day/night cycle, so addictive. It's like doing a GT Nurburgring endurance race, can't stop.

The AI can be quite aggressive, but it's nice to have a bit of a challenge after playing GT for so long. It made getting a clean lap in Scotland quite nerveracking. I could ofcourse have fallen behind the pack to do it at a leisurely pace (the game doesn't require you to get all tasks in the same run) but where's the sport in that :)

I can't comment on the online features, apart from they haven't worked all day...
got to go to bed now /bah real life.

Man, what a discussion... Obviously FH2 was rated much better than DC which was and is surprising for many as they were deluded from the amount of pages on gaming forums and impressions from other users while many were ignoring that the game seems light on content and has other disadvantages in comparison.
Yes, the game is still fun to many and I hope nobody is gonna hurt the fun one can have with this game.

Bullsrun said:
Chris Hu said:
Bullsrun said:

Well maybe then F5 handling sucks then ? but H2 handling is awful compared to DC.  I dont remeber F5 being so disconected with the road needing more correcting imput then initial one.  

I guess your one of those people that would enjoy the dumped down handling of the 360 version better which is based on the first Horzion game.

I would enjoy legit handling not the joke H2 comes with, you could yell from the tallest building its based of Froza and it should have good handling.  But fact of the matter is FH2 handling is weak, they clearly changed some things and its not for the posative.

Any one thats played both F5 and H2 should be aware car handling is not the same.  H2 bumper crash cars of roading has little to do with F5 sim like tire to road results.  

OK, thought this over, the only way the handling in Horizon 2 is as bad as you think it is, is when you play the game with a controller and have all the assists turned off and use manual transmission.  But the only way you should play the game that way is if you are a absoulute pro driver and in the top 5% of all players that play the game.  Even if you use a wheel you shouldn't turn off all the assists unless you are in the top 10%.  As for manual transmission if you can't drive a car using manual transmission in real life then you should probably stay away from it in racing games.  Except for maybe drag races where you only have to worry about up shifting but even in those just knowing how to shift will not lead to easy victories since you also have to know more then just a basic knowledge of tuning and upgrading.

A good fair comparison from GT!

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/lwhga1/driveclub-forza-horizon-2-vs-driveclub

Around the Network
Ashadian said:

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/lwhga1/driveclub-forza-horizon-2-vs-driveclub

I'll watch it later, gotto run now.
Although a quick glance of the comments shows the hate for DC is strong.

Wow the thread is funny in many ways most, i doubt anyone but me actually owns both and knows wtf a sports cars handling really is like.

Neither is sim, both feature fake unrealistic handling racing. I did 150miles in a 500hp Supra in the rain on grass in Horizon2. That is physically impossible. I can hit speeds in the rainy that are not possible with regular tires, you'd hydro plane way earlier.

Both are fake for the sake of game play, neither is like GT or reg forza.

Maybe i should make a thread comparing the two and how bad both really are.

So you picked up one of the worst reviews given to Driveclub to highlight your point? Atleast don't be biased, we know you were gonna like FH2 more all along. Nothing wrong with that, but that doesn't mean you can post one of the shittiest reviews given to DC to prove your point.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Ashadian said:

was about to post this and its a shame no one will see it , its unbias comparison from a huge racing fan and one of the best reviewrs ou there.

The guy that reviewed both games for IGN isn't biased either and he pretty much gave both games the scores they deserved.

Chris Hu said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Ashadian said:

was about to post this and its a shame no one will see it , its unbias comparison from a huge racing fan and one of the best reviewrs ou there.

The guy that reviewed both games for IGN isn't biased either and he pretty much gave both games the scores they deserved.

Have you read the review of Driveclub from IGN? They actually cut points due to it having mostly European cars. That tells me they have no clue about the world outside of USA, or about the fact that European supercars rock and American or Japanese supercars don't even compare whether in the number of models or the design.

They also cut points for the single-player lacking content, even though that was EXPECTED as the game is heavily multiplayer-oriented. You can't cut points from a multiplayer-oriented game for its lack of content in single player.