By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Forza Horizon 2 vs Driveclub: Which is the Better Exclusive Racer?

I haven't played either. Neither have 90% of the people in this thread, I'd wager. I know the first Horizon was amazing, though. All we can go off of is review scores and one game is winning that battle hands down. I don't think it's exclusive, though. FH2 is cross-gen.

Around the Network
Bullsrun said:
Chris Hu said:
Bullsrun said:
Chris Hu said:

The bad handling In Horizon 2 is all in his mind.  99% of the people that played it have no problem with the handling and physics in the game.  If it really was a problem there would be a ton of people that would complain about it on YouTube and other websites. 

Yes becasue they all went to racing schools and have thrown around sports cars on tracks, they are experts on automotive handling and not gaming nerds with no clue.  

Again your just a bad driver deal with it.  There a less then 1% of people that actually played the game for a good amound of time that complain about the handling and physics of the game and a majority of those are just bad drivers.

Majority playing are gaming nerds with no clue what good handling is, sorry kid thats just the truth.

H2 is a game for those people, shit handling they wouldnt even know it is as long as if fits their gamer ways.  H2 is set up for gamers not racers or car fans.  Its design meantality is is fakeish unrelasistic easy accesability.  From its hadling to its oversaturated graphics ro its douchy narrations for the lowest common individual.  

H2 is a game for bad drivers whiny gamers so they can feel they are good at it and enjoy its simplistic gameplay.  

Hater gonna hate still doesn't diminish the fact that you are a bad driver.

Bullsrun said:

Majority playing are gaming nerds with no clue what good handling is, sorry kid thats just the truth.

H2 is a game for those people, shit handling they wouldnt even know it is as long as if fits their gamer ways.  H2 is set up for gamers not racers or car fans.  Its design meantality is is fakeish unrelasistic easy accesability.  From its hadling to its oversaturated graphics ro its douchy narrations for the lowest common individual.  

H2 is a game for bad drivers whiny gamers so they can feel they are good at it and enjoy its simplistic gameplay.  

Damn right.  That's why I'm gonna wait for the folks at "Inside Sim" to give their review of Drive Club.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqcqt4jiG2w

They seem to have liked Forza Horizon 2 a lot, though.....

Chris Hu said:

Maybe

Except you have no way of knowing that one way or another, bet lets not let facts stop your simple rebuttals.  Go xbox/forza defence force go.  

d21lewis said:
Bullsrun said:

Damn right.  That's why I'm gonna wait for the folks at "Inside Sim" to give their review of Drive Club.

Its a like able game with plenty posativity, realistic handling not being one of those.  

Is any one actually arguing for H2 realism, something clearly that game is not about.  

Around the Network

I'd go with Forza, but DC seems nice though.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Bullsrun said:
Chris Hu said:

Maybe

Except you have no way of knowing that one way or another, bet lets not let facts stop your simple rebuttals.  Go xbox/forza defence force go.  

There is no maybe about it, or there would be a ton of people complaing about it.  On top of that I highly doubt that you actually played the game.

Bullsrun said:
d21lewis said:

Its a like able game with plenty posativity, realistic handling not being one of those.  

Is any one actually arguing for H2 realism, something clearly that game is not about.  

Inside Sim is like the authority on racing games.  Just watch the (LOOOONG) video.  They say the cars do what they'd do in real life.  Like the other Forza games, shitty drivers can turn on all kinds of assists to make the game more arcade like but players don't get rewarded nearly as well for making the game less realistic.

sundin13 said:
Intrinsic said:
Am I the only person that seem to like the things that some people seem to dislike about DC?

Hit a wall... penalty, drive off the track... penalty. What is wrong with that. When I see people complain about that it just reads to me like they aren't adept gamers.

And this thing they say about driving anywhere?? Please I hope this just stops. So does this mean that the mainline Forza series or GT7 will get points knocked off them for not being open world? I would really love to see what these reviewers do then since apparently its now open world or bust.

Ah well, I have always like my games hard and challenging. Guess that puts me in a minority these days.

"Picture the scene. You're diving down an 18 per cent gradient hill along the banks of Loch Something-or-other, exhaust note screaming, tumbledown stone walls a blur as the speedometer ticks over 160mph. You're approaching a corner and billowing red flags on the right-hand side of the road warn that it's a severe left-hander, but the flatter you can make your racing line the more speed you can carry through it.

Spying a generous dusting of loose gravel on the apex, the 1000hz portion of your lizard brain that's dedicated to driving cars fast instinctively decides to drop two wheels on the dirt. At the very least it'll straighten the line through the bend and, if you're really lucky, you can even use some drag to help rotate the car for a swift exit.

Except you don't get your swift exit, because a giant, invisible hand has pinched the car's spoiler betwixt thumb and forefinger. You're dimly aware of a repetitive chiming sound as the speedo tumbles to 45mph. The DriveClub fun police have arrived, and this is their siren." -Eurogamer

Its not the penalty that is the problem, it is that the penalties are rigid and prevent creativity and essentially encourage you to drive along one route, that all the other vehicles are literally fighting over. The fact that an arcade-y game like this puts such severe restrictions on your driving, way more than anything you would hit in real life is silly... A much lighter, more realistic penalty alongside better AI would make the game feel more alive and dynamic and make the difficulty more akin to how well you can think on your feet as opposed to how good your car is statistically and how lucky you get that the AI doesn't do something stupid.

A lot of people these days are saying that difficulty is a positive thing and that anyone who complains about it just likes easy games, but they fail to recognize that there is a difference between good difficulty and bad difficulty. Good difficulty encourages the player to learn and improve throughout the game to be able to see better ways to complete their goal. Bad difficulty throws unavoidable/cheap penalties/obstructions at the player or forces them to grind excessively to complete the goal (aka, forces you to get better in game instead of out of the game). Driveclub's AI and penalty system pushes it into the range of "bad difficulty"...

But thats the thing... thatis not true. I have the game and can  confirm that that penalty only kicks in when all four tires of your car goes off the track. If you cut a corner with only two of yorur tires then you don't get penalized. So this is where i have a problem with what these reviewers are saying. Its just simply not true. Very well worded review... but still very untrue. 

Games that impose penalties like these do so for one reason, they are trying to encourage skillful play by doing what you should do in racing games... memorizing the hell outta a track and zoning out when in a race for that balls out perfect run. Over and over again. Anyone that tried getting the S license in a couple of GT games will know exactly what I mean.

If the secodn your tires clip outside the track you get penalized I would understand and agree. But all four of your tires have to go off the track for that penalty to kick in. So I dunno.

Bullsrun said:
d21lewis said:
Bullsrun said:

Did you actually watch the video because there isn't a section in it where they complain about the physics and driving mechanincs.