By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Forza Horizon 2 vs Driveclub: Which is the Better Exclusive Racer?

I've got no idea which is best. All I know is that Driveclub is brilliant.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
Bullsrun said:
Chris Hu said:
Bullsrun said:
Chris Hu said:

Did you actually watch the video because there isn't a section in it where they complain about the physics and driving mechanincs.

the guy likes its easy and not a hardcore sim.  While you claim its handling must be good becasue its based of F5 which would make is as hardcore as a sim gets on consoles.

Which is it ? 

Again, you a have not watched the whole video he says that both the driving and the racing is pure sim.

Yes rwd cars doing 200kph on drit mainting speed and handling, AWSOME realistic simulation LOL.

What is a drit I think you need to work on both your driving skills and your spelling skills.

Chris Hu said:

Anyway logic is my friend since you are the only person on vgcharts that complains about the phyisics and driving in Horizon 2 it pretty logical to conclude that you are a bad driver.

Clealry not since few actually own it on here given its low sales and this forums anti car games sentiments.  

Chris Hu said:
Bullsrun said:
Chris Hu said:
Bullsrun said:
Chris Hu said:

Did you actually watch the video because there isn't a section in it where they complain about the physics and driving mechanincs.

the guy likes its easy and not a hardcore sim.  While you claim its handling must be good becasue its based of F5 which would make is as hardcore as a sim gets on consoles.

Which is it ? 

Again, you a have not watched the whole video he says that both the driving and the racing is pure sim.

Yes rwd cars doing 200kph on drit mainting speed and handling, AWSOME realistic simulation LOL.

What is a drit I think you need to work on both your driving skills and your spelling skills.

Cool i will, so anwser how does a realistic simulation allow a rwd car to run 200kph on a dirt road and maintain any sort of control.

this should be hilarious. 

Bullsrun said:
Chris Hu said:

Anyway logic is my friend since you are the only person on vgcharts that complains about the phyisics and driving in Horizon 2 it pretty logical to conclude that you are a bad driver.

Clealry not since few actually own it on here given its low sales and this forums anti car games sentiments.  

There is actually more then a few people on this site that own the game and again you are the only one that is complaining about its physics and driving.

Around the Network
Bullsrun said:
Chris Hu said:
Bullsrun said:
Chris Hu said:
Bullsrun said:
Chris Hu said:

Which is it ? 

Cool i will, so anwser how does a realistic simulation allow a rwd car to run 200kph on a dirt road and maintain any sort of control.

this should be hilarious. 

I wouldn't know and so would 99.9999999% of all the people that played the game since they will never drive a RWD car 124mph and go into a drift on a dirt road.

sundin13 said:

"Picture the scene. You're diving down an 18 per cent gradient hill along the banks of Loch Something-or-other, exhaust note screaming, tumbledown stone walls a blur as the speedometer ticks over 160mph. You're approaching a corner and billowing red flags on the right-hand side of the road warn that it's a severe left-hander, but the flatter you can make your racing line the more speed you can carry through it.

Spying a generous dusting of loose gravel on the apex, the 1000hz portion of your lizard brain that's dedicated to driving cars fast instinctively decides to drop two wheels on the dirt. At the very least it'll straighten the line through the bend and, if you're really lucky, you can even use some drag to help rotate the car for a swift exit.

Except you don't get your swift exit, because a giant, invisible hand has pinched the car's spoiler betwixt thumb and forefinger. You're dimly aware of a repetitive chiming sound as the speedo tumbles to 45mph. The DriveClub fun police have arrived, and this is their siren." -Eurogamer

Its not the penalty that is the problem, it is that the penalties are rigid and prevent creativity and essentially encourage you to drive along one route, that all the other vehicles are literally fighting over. The fact that an arcade-y game like this puts such severe restrictions on your driving, way more than anything you would hit in real life is silly... A much lighter, more realistic penalty alongside better AI would make the game feel more alive and dynamic and make the difficulty more akin to how well you can think on your feet as opposed to how good your car is statistically and how lucky you get that the AI doesn't do something stupid.

A lot of people these days are saying that difficulty is a positive thing and that anyone who complains about it just likes easy games, but they fail to recognize that there is a difference between good difficulty and bad difficulty. Good difficulty encourages the player to learn and improve throughout the game to be able to see better ways to complete their goal. Bad difficulty throws unavoidable/cheap penalties/obstructions at the player or forces them to grind excessively to complete the goal (aka, forces you to get better in game instead of out of the game). Driveclub's AI and penalty system pushes it into the range of "bad difficulty"...

I've seen some footage on ps live and that Eurogamer article is grossly exaggerated. I've not seen anyone get a penalty for briefly getting two wheels on the dirt. There's a counter that starts when you go fully off the road and points are deducted for hitting the barrier or other cars. You need to really cheat the corner to get a penalty. What's wrong with encouraging you to drive on the road? It's a track racing game, not rally driving.  Is it a complaint in MK8 that the game slows you down to a crawl when you go off track?

I doubt any race car driver instinctively decides to put two wheels in loose gravel to make a corner...

Not having penalties makes for a lousy experience. For example driving Sarthe in GT5 without the penalties on, everyone simply skips most of the chicanes. Slowing you down is also a better solution than making you loose control and spin out in a realistic way, which means likely taking out other people that are cornering properly. They could ofcourse have adopted GT5's ghosting system. It's satisfying to see a dumbass ghosting through you into a wall when trying to use you as a bumper. Although with ghosting and 5 sec no acceleration penalties cheaters still get out ahead, ghost overtaking you in a chicane. I guess you can call that creative.  Maybe taking your speed away is the only way to teach people how to drive. Works for MK8.

MikeRox said:
Puppyroach said:
I have no idea of the quality of DC, so I will not make any judgement there. FH2 though has actually replaced Sega Rally 2 as my favorite racing game of all time, it´s just so freaking fun!

Don't say such things. You're killing me! The wife won't let me buy an XB1 anytime soon >_<

The X1 has reached another level of must-have in my eyes with this game and MCC later in the fall. So just keep nagging the wife until she breaks :).

Chris Hu said:

I wouldn't know and so would 99.9999999% of all the people that played the game since they will never drive a RWD car 124mph and go into a drift on a dirt road.

There's a good reason for that.
You have to admit that there's not much of a sim going on from just seeing race cars plough through vine yards without any negative effects.

+ = ?

A rally car got quite far into a vineyard, didn't really stay in control through