By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Forza Horizon 2 vs Driveclub: Which is the Better Exclusive Racer?

SvennoJ said:
Chris Hu said:

I wouldn't know and so would 99.9999999% of all the people that played the game since they will never drive a RWD car 124mph and go into a drift on a dirt road.

There's a good reason for that.
You have to admit that there's not much of a sim going on from just seeing race cars plough through vine yards without any negative effects.

+ = ?

I'm not saying its 100% realistic but there is nothing wrong with the driving and physics in the game and it plays much more like FM5 then the first Horzion game.  Bullsrun is the only person on this site that has a major problem with those two aspects of the game.  As far as open world racers go it much more realistic then the first game, Burnout Paradise, or Midnight Club: LA those are the only similar games I can compare it to since I still haven't played any of the TDU games or the open world Need For Speed games.

Around the Network
todd2r said:
I'd like to comment but sony won't let me play driveclub. Therefore, Forza > driveflub. Good lord PlayStation is a joke right now.

11M+ people think your comment is the joke here. Don't think your preference is what the majority wants.

Pages of nonsense -_-

Play both or dont put an opinion. Personally I havent played Driveclub. Waiting for the PS+ edition. Played FH2 demo and loved it. However havent bought it, will buy it later when there is less games out to play.

In terms of reviews and other people's input I'd say Forza Horizon 2 as most people are saying this game suberb  while Driveclub is getting very mixed opinions and reviews.

However if you like Driveclub then more power to you. Its an opinion, not a fact. All the arguing though -_- Relax guys

I just played FH1 on the 360 and the FH2 Demo but it isn't anything special IMO
I don't care for Open World stuff and i think its wasted ressources

DriveClub is in every regard better for my needs
Its the most beautiful Racing Game available and only has a competitor in Project Cars on PC.
Seeing how DriveClub will get even more beautiful once the weather patch drops is just unimaginable currently.
Sounds are outstanding,Feel of Speed is perfectly done and the AI is damn aggressive.
The Singleplayer Content is easily one of the worst but the game has its focus on Multiplayer which is nice if the Servers would work LOL
Just managed to do 1 race a few day ago when i got my copy and since yesterday the servers are down or so.

DC is for me the better Cargame and is in the important parts superior.
But maybe its just me - I don't care for Open World not even in GTA or something like that.
I once watched a friend just driving around in GTA and doing absolutely nothing productive and after i asked him wtf he is doing he said "Doing stuff"...WTF?
In GTA i go from mission to mission and do stuff that is giving me progress.I don't drive aimlessly around and do useless stuff.
This is what i like about DriveClub > I press "the button" and after 1 second of Loading time(which is amazing) im racing in the most beautiful car game ever created.
No time wasting with driving around and doing absolutely nothing productive.

Both are surely good games but DriveClub is hitting my needs are lot harder than the concept of FH2.

All this nonsense about Driveclub penalties for not 'driving' well just blow my mind. Why has the emphasis been put on Driveclub having to justify it's existence as a driving game? I play 'driving' games because it offers a challenge. I want to learn which corners to take at a certain speed and angle in order to maintain the lead or overtake a less experienced driver. I don't want to plough straight through the middle of a winding road and completely ignore the skill of driving. No, the emphasis should be on Horizon proving it's a racing game. And if anyone even touches upon the fact that Horizon has 'roads' you HAVE to drive on, you'll just be proving my point.

Driveclub is a racing game
Horizon is a driving game.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:

I wouldn't know and so would 99.9999999% of all the people that played the game since they will never drive a RWD car 124mph and go into a drift on a dirt road.

Translation its impossible and H2 handling and physics are false other wise half the damn actions in the game would be impossible.

Its not sim like you claim.  

Bullsrun said:
Chris Hu said:

Translation its impossible and H2 handling and physics are false other wise half the damn actions in the game would be impossible.

Whatever its more sim then any other open world racer and that is a fact.

GribbleGrunger said:
All this nonsense about Driveclub penalties for not 'driving' well just blow my mind. Why has the emphasis been put on Driveclub having to justify it's existence as a driving game? I play 'driving' games because it offers a challenge. I want to learn which corners to take at a certain speed and angle in order to maintain the lead or overtake a less experienced driver. I don't want to plough straight through the middle of a winding road and completely ignore the skill of driving. No, the emphasis should be on Horizon proving it's a racing game. And if anyone even touches upon the fact that Horizon has 'roads' you HAVE to drive on, you'll just be proving my point.

That is all well and good, except for the fact that about 75% of all the races in Horzion 2 only take place on roads.

Chris Hu said:
Bullsrun said:
Chris Hu said:

Whatever its more sim then any other open world racer and that is a fact.

Ohh a nice case of moving goal posts, keep on moving em.  

GribbleGrunger said:

Using that logic makes the main Forza games more racing games then the GT games since they don't feature any rally events.