By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bungie and Activision are looking deep for good review scores

I wonder how this will affect sales of the next installment? Seems a good majority of the hardcore/gaming forum community might wait for it to go on sale, as opposed to a day one purchase.

Around the Network

Destiny might be the single most interesting game I've ever run across.

Usually it's the lowest scores that people complain about and say things like, "those sites should be shut down," but with Destiny, it's the highest scores.

Here we have a link to an Xbox forum where people seem to be delighting in ripping Destiny and Bungie into pieces. I don't think I've ever seen a group of fans turn on a developer the way I've seen people turn on Bungie. It's fascinating.

Publicizing the highest review scores you can find isn't just a gaming industry standard, it's a general standard for pretty much every consumer-driven industry out there, yet I don't remember seeing much ado about it previously.

Is Destiny the newest "chic to hate" game? It's looking that way. I don't know if I've ever seen anything like it, not after only a few weeks on the market. I've even seen people blame the game itself because they had too much hype for it, which is breathtakingly amusing.

This is really, really interesting to observe and analyze.

Well, they have to put at least *some* good light on this game. And if only unknown and unrelevant sites gave the game good reviews you have to use them, of course. I am still curious how many people are still playing this game and how many already stopped playing it.

That's desperation at its finest! Well done, Bungie and Activision! Well done!!! xD

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

its hard to find them between all those cash they made from the game.

Around the Network

Hopefully they don't continue to milk the suckers with their "10 year plan" to capitalize on Destiny. That game was mediocre at best and sold way more than it should have because of the hype machine going into overdrive. I hate that we're living in an age where building hype is more important than building a good game.

Also, on topic, opinions are not equal. Let's cut the bullsh*t, you don't take advice from just anybody on what to spend your money on. The higher up the hierarchy you go, the more an opinion should matter in theory. I say in theory because game journalism is corrupt as f*ck I'm learning first hand.

If professionals think highly enough of you and your capability/judgement to give you free games,or a paycheck, to review games, then you're most likely a cut above the average grazer in your local walmart.

Activision wants to milk it for all its worth.

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

National Post? O_o

I know about 85% of those and know that they're part of the meta aggregate
So i'm not sure what the problem is, though there are 3 or 4 that do look a bit silly and overreaching.
Seeing high scores from IGN, Gamespot, Gametrailers etc would actually be worse as far as I'm concerned... Those sites are the worse.

Hopefully and indication that players are dropping off fast, something I would have expected. sales for this games should be interesting in the next few weeks...

Its not that I necessarily want this game to fail, but hopefully people trade this in for games like Forza Horizon and Shadow of Mordor.