By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hyrule Warriors Reviews are here! 74% metascore.

BMaker11 said:
QUAKECore89 said:

I've read Polygon review from start to all way doooooown & i found this policy!

*Hyrule Warriors was reviewed using a pre-release download code provided by Nintendo.* This game is not on an MS platform *

Fixed

Reason?

Around the Network

Isn't there some kind of an understanding between reviewers to not give less than a 8/10 to Nintendo games ?

Edit : i'm a retard, that's koei

kupomogli said:

Even at 73 it goes to show how biased this industries journalists are. Despite being what's essentially the exact same game, add a Nintendo first party to the title and it's got a higher score than every traditional Dynasty Warriors released since the fourth one back in 2003. Hyrule Warriors actually scored higher than every Gundam Warriors, Ken's Rage, Samurai Warriors(tied with the first,) Warrior's Orochi, and One Piece Pirate Warriors.

Hey it's a Nintendo game. Let's review it, then add two more points to what it deserves! Journalism at its finest.

*edit*

It not only doesn't have online co op but has performance issues in local co op?  Yet journalists have no problem rating it higher than just about any Musou game released in the last 10 years.  Maybe I shouldn't complain and try to get it through to anyone.  It's not like a Nintendo fan would agree.  It's a Nintendo franchise afterall.

So.... How was the game?

What would you give it? Out of 10?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

As expected, it is as good as a dynasty warrior game and earns some point thanks to Zelda skins

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

so better than other warrior-games, zelda is always good for some extra points,
never understood the hype here, it´s just a normal mosou-game and not even the first on the wii u

Around the Network

Lol. A site called Telegraph gave it 100/100. This game might be good/decent, but it's surely not THAT good.

Here's the link:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/video-game-reviews/11101251/Hyrule-Warriors-review.html

About the same as Destiny then, not too bad imo.

Jranation said:
kupomogli said:

Even at 73 it goes to show how biased this industries journalists are. Despite being what's essentially the exact same game, add a Nintendo first party to the title and it's got a higher score than every traditional Dynasty Warriors released since the fourth one back in 2003. Hyrule Warriors actually scored higher than every Gundam Warriors, Ken's Rage, Samurai Warriors(tied with the first,) Warrior's Orochi, and One Piece Pirate Warriors.

Hey it's a Nintendo game. Let's review it, then add two more points to what it deserves! Journalism at its finest.

*edit*

It not only doesn't have online co op but has performance issues in local co op?  Yet journalists have no problem rating it higher than just about any Musou game released in the last 10 years.  Maybe I shouldn't complain and try to get it through to anyone.  It's not like a Nintendo fan would agree.  It's a Nintendo franchise afterall.

So.... How was the game?

What would you give it? Out of 10?

3/10 to Ken's Rage and that's the best Musou game.  Hyrule Warriors is less Ken's Rage style missions and more traditional Dynasty Warriors.  A shitty game with a face lift is still a shitty game.

See my PSN profile in the sig with the Hyaku Shiki?  I'm a Gundam fan and the Gundam Dynasty Warriors games are also garbage.  Doesn't matter what franchise it is, a coat of paint doesn't change its quality. 

This is nothing shocking.. I will still get the game later on!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

That sounds about right.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian