By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hyrule Warriors Reviews are here! 74% metascore.

It's Dynasty Warriors...we all know what to expect pretty much. If you like it you will like this game. If not you won't.

Edit: And I agree with Euphoria about the score. I hate how everything in the 70's is now a huge flop/seen as a mediocre or bad game...

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network

Even at 73 it goes to show how biased this industries journalists are. Despite being what's essentially the exact same game, add a Nintendo first party to the title and it's got a higher score than every traditional Dynasty Warriors released since the fourth one back in 2003. Hyrule Warriors actually scored higher than every Gundam Warriors, Ken's Rage, Samurai Warriors(tied with the first,) Warrior's Orochi, and One Piece Pirate Warriors.

Hey it's a Nintendo game. Let's review it, then add two more points to what it deserves! Journalism at its finest.

*edit*

It not only doesn't have online co op but has performance issues in local co op?  Yet journalists have no problem rating it higher than just about any Musou game released in the last 10 years.  Maybe I shouldn't complain and try to get it through to anyone.  It's not like a Nintendo fan would agree.  It's a Nintendo franchise afterall.

I think some websites are attention hoaring... Just like Destiny, most of these reviews are around 8/10 feels fair when looking at the walkthroughs... The handful which gives those games 5/10 or 6/10 are the ones who bring the meta average down.

I am a Gamer... I play games and not consoles. I have a PC and Console on which I game... I like games. End of Story!

Higher than I expected so far. The Destructoid review calls it "one of the best couch co-op games I've ever played, warts and all." That's very encouraging :)

edit: looks like there are performance issues during local co-op. That's very discouraging :(

metacritic should update the score. It should be 80% now or maybe I am bad in math

Around the Network

it looked mediocre from all ive seen. i do enjoy the dynasty warriors games from time to time, this just doesnt do it for me. i guess because no lubu is in this one. idk.

The only thing that surprises me is GameSpot giving an 8 instead of a 5 or 6.  Must have been in a generous mood.

My 8th gen collection

Sometimes it feels like these developers makes the tiniest mistakes. Dont they like test it and fix the problems. Im sure they do, but it feels like they dont do it.
Sigh........
This is not just towards hyrule but for many other games too.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I have not played any Dynasty Warriors game, but this is still a game that I will hold off on purchasing until it becomes a $20 special. Reviews look pretty decent and about what I expected.

It seems that i was right in the other thread! If the official nintendo magazine gave 83, the others would give ~7x