By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hyrule Warriors Reviews are here! 74% metascore.

Anfebious said:
So... it sucks? Why Metacritic? Why do you hold back my purchases?

They are not saying it sucks just that it is basically a Dynasty Warriors game with Zelda skin. So if you like or are a fan of the Dynasty Warriors type of games you will indeed like this game. I for one plan on picking this up!......whenever I get a Wii U that is lol sigh....in time.....in time

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
Chromeo said:
QUAKECore89 said:
The rest of reviewers are honest. Ignore Polygon review.

I usually do. Sometimes their reviews are junk plain JANK.

That said...eeeeeesh. Not very good scores eh?

Actually, it is not that bad. A lot of 8's, two 9's and four 7's.

The Escapist - 9/10
Gaming Nexus - 9/10
Destructoid - 8,5/10
NintendoWorldReport - 8,5/10
GameSpot - 8/10
Shacknews - 8/10
Joystiq - 8/10
Game Informer - 8/10
EGM - 8/10
Eurogamer - 8/10
CVG - 8/10
IGN - 7/10
GameTrailers - 7/10
Nintendo Life - 7/10
Videogamer - 7/10

bubblegamer said:
Roar_Of_War said:
bubblegamer said:
That is not particularly good, since having Zelda in the name has surely given it a little more praise than if it were to do without!

What a load of crap.

Everyone knows it's Dynasty Warriors with a Zelda skin, for the most part. Having Zelda in the title doesn't change anything.

We wouldn't even notice this game, let alone talk about it if Zelda wasn't in the title. And easy on the defensiveness, no need for insults.

Are you suggesting that Musou games aren't worth talking about?

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

spurgeonryan said:
Anfebious said:

I think it is about what we thought it would be. Seems people either love these types of games or they do not, or they know what to expect.

Lots of 8's in there as well!

Hyrule Warriors Review | Gamereactor UK

1m ago - GR-UK writes: "But whatever mode, and whether you play solo or co-op, this title has a relatively... | Wii U

I need more 8's for it to be buyable!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:

they are using a system that everybdy understands. its not the best, but they dont have to explain it.

the score goes a lot up if u use more sophisticated methods.

2 realy bad scores hurt the average a lot.  its a common problem with simple methods and Outliers

the best way for u is throw away the highest and lowest 10% and read some reviews(and  dont read the IGN one, because IGN is shit).

if they make the same points or not. u will get a good overview for a informed decission

Around the Network

Look who are the special snowflakes that drag down yet another score.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

The coop performance part is pretty disappointing imo. I wished Nintendo would have overseen this a bit more.

Also pretty sad tha the creators of Dynastie Warriors didnt try their best to make the series at home on Nintendo consoles. I would have delayed it even more. Wasted effort imo. I mean this could have been my gateway to the DW series. But when a DW game taking place in (as ign's otero said) "world I love" wont impress me. Why would I care about a world I have no connection with?

Well whatever I ordered it a long time ago for 36€. 36€ for a new release is nothing. Lets see how it actually is. Review scores are arbitrary numers anyway they are just opinions and sometimes they are manipulated opinions ($$$$)

RealGamingExpert said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Esshh but makes sense. I m still iffy about it

No you're not.

Lolll, oh yea, forgot about jiggles over there

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

vkaraujo said:

Actually, it is not that bad. A lot of 8's, two 9's and four 7's.

The Escapist - 9/10
Gaming Nexus - 9/10
Destructoid - 8,5/10
NintendoWorldReport - 8,5/10
GameSpot - 8/10
Shacknews - 8/10
Joystiq - 8/10
Game Informer - 8/10
EGM - 8/10
Eurogamer - 8/10
CVG - 8/10
IGN - 7/10
GameTrailers - 7/10
Nintendo Life - 7/10
Videogamer - 7/10

The Escapist score doesn't surprise me.

Overall pretty much as expected, scores like a DW game with a little Zelda bonus.

rik said:
episteme said:
As expected, the 4//10 reviews are maybe too harsh.

I see no 4/10 reviews

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/hyrule-warriors/critic-reviews

Some reviewers scored it by the standards of traditional Zelda games, lol.