By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hyrule Warriors Reviews are here! 74% metascore.

QUAKECore89 said:

I've read Polygon review from start to all way doooooown & i found this policy!

*Hyrule Warriors was reviewed using a pre-release download code provided by Nintendo.* This game is not on an MS platform *

Fixed

Around the Network
bubblegamer said:

We wouldn't even notice this game, let alone talk about it if Zelda wasn't in it. And easy on the defensiveness, no need for insults.

On the other hand, it is also a Musou game, which reviewers have no shame of bashing in the west.

I think it did well with many 8's and some 7's/9's. Three reviewers didn't liked it, but the overall reception looks good.

I actually expected it would be lower.

Basically they are saying. If you want it, buy it play it. Don't go out and buy a console for it. This literally is the exact same thing I said about Destiny. If you want it, and several other games on that platform then go for it as it complements the catelogue

Can't believe so many people seemed excited about this game. Dynasty Warriors might possibly be my mosted hated long standing video game franchise of all time. It was one of the very few franchises that I hated even when I was young and nearly anything would amuse me. Wii U has plenty of gems. No need to try to hype up the trash just because it is exclusive.

Hopefully only the big fans of the Dynasty Warriors buy this game so we don't get a bunch of upset casuals wondering what the hell nintendo did to zelda.

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
QUAKECore89 said:

I've read Polygon review from start to all way doooooown & i found this policy!

*Hyrule Warriors was reviewed using a pre-release download code provided by Nintendo.* This game is not on an MS platform *

Fixed

Oh lord, looking at your sig while reading what you wrote. Priceless xD 

Seems fair for a Dynasty Warriors game, at least IMO. Yes, it's technically also a Zelda game, but that doesn't have much to do with it.

''If you don't like Dynasty Warriors, this may wear thin, but for everybody else, it's very much worth diving into.''

This is all that needs to be said to be honest. I read it more along the lines of do you like Zelda enough to ignore the repetition of the game? But each to their own. It looks like nice fan service, maybe I'll pick it up in the bargain bin somepoint next year.

That's enough for me to buy the game. I didn't expect the revolution of gaming and so I'm happy that it isn't bad.
Btw: What's wrong with Polygon?

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

I can't for the life of me understand how people look, see 7s, 8s and 9s and come out thinking "Eh, scores not that good".

Game seems to be getting very good reviews. I would buy it if I had a WiiU.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!