By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny’s Story Takes 9-10 Hours to Complete

Not bad. There's also several side quests and then exploration that you can do. I spent hours looking for chests in the beta.

Around the Network
VanceIX said:

Depends on the amount of side quests that he did. If you rush, you can beat almost any game in a short amount of time.

Judging by the beta, the side quests are pretty garbage. They seem to be randomly generated kill quests and "observe" quests (just get to a vantage point) and thats about it. Not really good for anything except for grinding...

Unless the sidequests are really good, and actually as fun as the main missions, this doesn't sound good, especially with the 20 level cap this game sounds like its on the short end.

Mystro-Sama said:
This is bullshit! For the hype this has been getting I expected at least 20 hours. Yea, I don't think i'll be buying this full price...

how about we wait for more people to comment about the length? earth alone took me like 5 hours in the beta. this means that every planet just has 1 and half hours worth of story? ill wait and see. 

Even at 9-10 hours I'm fine with that I bought it more for the multi-player tbh.

Around the Network

The question is: 9 hours of boredom or nine hours of fun?

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Not surprised, i got the impression from the beta that the game will be short.

That's... shorter than I expected. Borderlands 2 is a lot longer, I expected the main story to be other that ilk. Guess BL doesn't have competative MP, but if you don't like MP...

Hmm, pie.

When playing the beta it seemed like Bungie was debating if they wanted the main character to be silent or not. And it came out just bad on the dialogue part. I don't expect the story to be too good in Destiny but I'm getting it to play with friends until Halo comes.

That's it! I'm not going to buy the game now.........even though I never had the intention of buying it... :S

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---