By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny’s Story Takes 9-10 Hours to Complete

For the past few years, we’ve discovered a lot about the world of Destiny. Bungie slowly let us know more about their big project, and players have been fortunate enough to get their hands on the beta and/or the alpha.

Fans across the world have been able to get their hands on Destiny today, and one dedicated user in a Destiny forum has even completed the game. The user who completed the game, JakeKav, stated that it took him approximately nine to ten hours to complete the game’s story.

While the user seemed to feel a little let down by the length of the story, he did seem to enjoy the game despite the length. There’s more information in the thread, but you may across more spoilers as different users begin to reply.

It should be noted that Destiny offers a lot of replay value. You’re able to replay missions on higher difficulty levels to earn better loot, there are tons of side quests, strikes, and raids will be unlocked starting next week. The user who completed the game simply completed just the main storyline & a few other small quests.

http://www.goodgamebro.com/2014/09/08/destinys-story-takes-9-10-hours-complete/

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Huh... Thats pretty short? Least there are tons of sidequests I am guessing but I will see the reviews first to see how the overall game is

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Depends on the amount of side quests that he did. If you rush, you can beat almost any game in a short amount of time.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

That seems kind of short, but there's a lot of other stuff to do as well.

so it takes the same amount of time to finish a halo game? not too bad but I was expecting it to be longer.
better than a lot of shooters though

Around the Network

This is bullshit! For the hype this has been getting I expected at least 20 hours. Yea, I don't think i'll be buying this full price...

I'll take my time

That doesn't necessarily bother me. Because if its enjoyable I may complete it multiple times.

Borderlands is much longer but gets tedious.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Aside from being an FPS, isn't this game also an RPG? Seems awfully short for an RPG game

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

I think the more damning issue is the fact that every mission is pretty much the same thing. I feel bad for the poor IGN guy, he seemed so exhausted from it all, lol.