By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny’s Story Takes 9-10 Hours to Complete

Mystro-Sama said:
This is bullshit! For the hype this has been getting I expected at least 20 hours. Yea, I don't think i'll be buying this full price...

Then you have completely missed the point. The story in destiny is just there to tie the game together. The game is really about the side quests. And those side quests could be infinitely added to.

Take Skyrim for instance. If you play ONLY the story missions back to back and do ZERO side quests, you cna complete it in under 10hrs. Some people speed ran the game in under 3hrs. When done you would probably end up with less than a 30% complete rating. However, if you do as much in the game as possible, you will be playing it for over 120hrs.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:

Take Skyrim for instance. If you play ONLY the story missions back to back and do ZERO side quests, you cna complete it in under 10hrs. Some people speed ran the game in under 3hrs. When done you would probably end up with less than a 30% complete rating. However, if you do as much in the game as possible, you will be playing it for over 120hrs.

Vanilla Skyrim is pretty samey, though, but has a wide variety of quests, overall dungeon layouts, enemies, and objectives as well as a decent story that's interwoven with quests that branch into entirely seperate and complete story arcs. The map is mindnumbingly massive and repetitive after enough time but at least it has story to it that is entirely tangential to Dragons. Also modding.

Destiny doesn't really have any of this. Strike Missions do not build a narrative like the quests of Riven, defend X objective for the Yth time while Ghost monologues does not build a world like the Mage Guild quest line. Once the story is done, all you can do is grind guns and explore a handful of maps. This is Borderlands in Space.

that does'nt bother me,as I'm all about the multiplayer.

KylieDog said:
I'd assume he didn't do the strikes or any raids also.

well theres only one raid at launch and even then its not aviable yet so even if he wanted to do it he cant

I didn't even know that game had a story, so that's a bonus for me

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

On Youtube a guy beat Destiny in 5 hours playing main story and PVP.

Here's the link. Watch at your discretion https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fnks1Xone24

Goatseye said:

On Youtube a guy beat Destiny in 5 hours playing main story and PVP.

Here's the link. Watch at your discretion https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fnks1Xone24

Down the rabbit hole we go.

ParryWinkle said:
so it takes the same amount of time to finish a halo game? not too bad but I was expecting it to be longer.
better than a lot of shooters though

Destiny is advertised as RPG first. Not Halo.

Kind of expected, story is only a small part of the game. The real game is in all the PVP and PVE(multiplayer) modes so you can get better loot so you can continue to play those modes so you can get more loot.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

That sounds quite short.